Johnson C. Smith University (JCSU) is committed to continuous
growth as a 21st century university and leader within the Charlotte
metro region. With an $80M commitment from the community as part of
the Mayor’s Racial Equity Initiative, JCSU is aggressively
transforming the university. Building on its historical legacy of
providing equity in college access—JCSU’s transformation is focused
on elevating academic excellence and student success; and becoming
key partner in the talent development pipeline in Charlotte with an
emphasis on business, science and technology, and professional
studies/social sciences and liberal arts. JCSU is also emerging as
an employer of choice in the area.
The Office of Transformation Initiatives at JCSU is part of the
Office of the President, and provides leadership and management in
the development and execution of a comprehensive institutional
transformation agenda as outlined in the JCSU Gold(en) Blueprint.
The Office of Transformation Initiatives spearheads the analysis
and coordination of several cross-functional transformation
initiatives (i.e., academic, operational, financial, etc.) as well
as readiness activities, and serves as a catalyst for
organizational change—linking strategy to structure, building
transformational change approaches, and facilitating complex
organizational changes to position the university for future
To help drive this transformation, JCSU is looking for talented,
innovative, collaborative professionals to join our team. JCSU
offers a generous compensation package including a competitive
salary; comprehensive benefits including health, vision, and dental
plans; a 403(b)-retirement plan and contributions; life insurance;
paid vacation and sick leave; and more than 12 paid holidays per
If you’re interested in an exciting employment opportunity, and
want to help JCSU transform and expand the culture of excellence
and student success, please APPLY TODAY for the Transformation
Resource Officer position.
The Transformation Data Director will report to the Senior Vice
President for Transformation Initiatives and help facilitate
institutional transformation planning, execution and monitoring the
implementation of the Golden Blueprint Strategic Plan, UNCF
Transformation Initiative, and other related efforts across campus.
Moreover, the Transformation Data Director will serve as a
program-and project-facing resource who facilitates the analyses
needed to inform decision-making, inform efficient processes, and
identify the key performance indicators and success measures that
are designed, implemented, and tracked to support and sustain
institutional transformation. The Transformation Initiatives Data
- Lead the development of comprehensive analysis that inform
change management strategies, supporting key project plans to
inform OTI effectiveness and drive the achievement of
- Assist with defining the scope, deliverables, and expected
outcomes of analysis initiatives, helping to inform project
direction, monitor and track timelines, develop budgets, and
- Partner closely with stakeholders across the university to
identify key metrics, support analyses and help drive
transformation implementation, assisting in the development of
content and other presentations to support stakeholder
- Develops reports on the project status, generating and
disseminating high-quality, tailored reports and analyses to inform
senior leadership decision-making.
- Facilitate the formation and ongoing prioritization of projects
in the transformation portfolio, assisting with the monitoring and
evaluating of status, recommending course corrections when
- Support data warehouse governance and data decision-making,
facilitating ongoing project risk-management and providing guidance
based on industry best practices.
- Monitor new advances in higher education data analytics and
identify opportunities to leverage innovation to support
transformation across the university.
- Be a primary data point of contact across multiple university
business units—developing and maintaining relationships with data
leads across different offices, departments/divisions, teams and
stakeholders—across JCSU, supporting analysis to drive both long-
and/or short-term transformation/strategic plan efforts.
- Work within and across multiple university business units and
at multiple levels to navigate, track, assess, and analyze data,
facilitating the completion of transformation goals and
- Collaborate with the Senior Vice President for Transformation
Initiatives to use appropriate organizational tools/resources to
monitor, track, achieve and report project outcomes, milestones and
KPIs; and provide information and guidance and data analytics risk
conditions to ensure that agreed upon initiatives are getting
completed on time, on budget, and the impact is being
- Collaborate with Senior Vice President for Transformation
Initiatives, transformation resource officer, project leads, teams
and other stakeholders to improve and streamline the
implementation/execution, tracking and reporting processes.
- Effectively communicate, build, and execute improvement plans,
based on areas of identified need/opportunity, to facilitate
accountability in delivering the specific initiatives and
activities associated with the plan.
- Assist with communication, including discussions,
presentations, reports and ad hoc communications of progress to
internal and external stakeholders.
- Actively participate in cross-functional teams and meetings to
conduct work and resolve issues.
JCSU is seeking a high-performer with:
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives and balance short and
- Strong project management and problem-solving skills required
to help drive transformation efforts and oversee quality and
- Proven project management experience, and a propensity for
- Strong communication skills and sound strategic judgment with
the ability to adapt to a changing environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills, commitment to excellence,
ability to be a team player in a fast-evolving work environment;
and the ability to help others organize and problem solve.
The ideal candidate will the possess the following qualifications:
- Master's degree required, doctorate degree preferred.
- Minimum 5-7 years of exemplary performance in large
multi-stakeholder work environments undergoing significant
- Experience working broad range of institutional/organizational
constituents, and overseeing and managing large-scale programs,
strategies, initiatives, projects and/or project portfolios.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Thorough understanding of university departmental functions
(enrollment, finance, etc.).
- Ability to help manage multiple initiatives concurrently.
- Demonstrated flexible, analytical, and timely problem-solving
- Strategic thinking and ability to align efforts to the
university’s strategic goals.
- High attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
To apply, please include a cover letter, resume, and contact
information for three supervisory references.
Finalists for this position are subject to a background check.
Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a
background investigation including criminal history and identity