Rhode Island School of Design is actively seeking a one-year term
Recruiting Coordinator to join its Human Resources Department. The
Human Resources team partners with campus colleagues to attract,
retain, develop, and reward a diverse workforce. We strive to
enhance the experience of all employees and to foster an
environment that values respect, teamwork, diversity, and
inclusion. Our team works proactively to create an environment that
respects the whole person.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic and dedicated
team while supporting the recruitment process. The Recruiting
Coordinator provides support to the Talent Acquisition team and the
Human Resources Department. Ensuring that all candidates receive
thoughtful and engaging messaging throughout the hiring process,
this position partners with Talent Acquisition Partners and other
internal stakeholders to ensure a positive and welcoming candidate
interview experience. The Recruiting Coordinator assists with the
onboarding process ensuring that new hires have the information
they need and complete their Workday items to be ready for the
start of employment. The person in this position prepares materials
for advertisement that represents a top-tier College and reflects
our values of and respect for teamwork, diversity, and inclusion.
Acts as the first point of contact for in person visitors or
incoming phone calls to the HR office.
We seek a culturally competent candidate who will thrive in a
campus environment that is committed to advancing the principles of
social equity and inclusion, environmental and climate justice, and
equal access to resources and opportunities.
- Schedule and coordinate virtual and on campus interviews and
related meetings including, but not limited to, securing locations
and meeting rooms for panel and/or committee members, handling
candidate travel arrangements, and catering. Handle logistics in a
manner that ensures a positive candidate experience and supports
diversity and inclusion. Provide interviewers with materials,
collect and file feedback forms.
- Assist HR/Talent Partners with assigned recruiting
responsibilities by initiating the electronic job requisition
process, preparing ad copy, posting internal and external
positions, recording advertising, sourcing applicants, maintaining
recruitment records, and as assigned, issuing timely notifications
to applicants regarding their status.
- As directed, act as liaison between talent team and/or hiring
managers and external staffing agencies to identify qualified
candidates to fill temporary roles.
- Collect new hire materials from Talent and HR Partners; create
and maintain personnel files for all new hires ensuring that
personnel files contain only information pertinent to employee
records and are maintained in accordance with department protocols.
Maintain sensitive paper and electronic files and records and
archive materials as needed. Ensure purge process of paper files
for terminated employees.
- Act as first point of contact for in person visitors or
incoming phone calls; answer routine inquiries; and route inquiries
to the appropriate staff member for assistance for specialized
and/or complex issues, utilizing skills and competencies to foster
and promote a welcoming and respectful environment and
- Provide new hires with offer letters, instructions for first
day logistics, answer or facilitate responses to their questions.
Assist new hires with completing necessary onboarding tasks in
Workday. May draft offer letters and related materials that enable
timely communication with newly hired employees to facilitate the
new hire process.
- May initiate background check process and review all results,
update records in accordance with internal procedures and timely
inform hiring partners of issues for resolution. Troubleshoot
issues with new hires/newly assigned background checks to ensure
smooth process toward timely results, as well as integration and
related operational issues.
- Monitor reports to ensure compliance with timely completion of
onboarding tasks including I-9, background check results and other
requirements in accordance with department policy and protocols.
Ensure compliance by completing I-9 documentation for non-student
employees, immigration tax tools and recordkeeping documents.
- Maintain confidentiality in a busy office setting; recognize
and appropriately handle highly sensitive and confidential
- Retrieve, sort and distribute mail for the department.
- May assist with special projects, as assigned.
- Provide back-up support to monitor the HR email inbox; answer
routine inquiries and route inquiries to the appropriate staff
member for assistance for specialized and/or complex issues.
- May be assigned recruiting responsibilities for non-agency
temporary staffing needs.
- Perform other related duties as may be required.
- Excellent organizational skills, interpersonal skills, and
verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and demonstrated ability to manage
- Ability to work with ethnically, culturally, and socially
diverse staff, faculty, and other constituencies.
- Highly skilled with computer software including Microsoft
Office (Word, Excel), Google Suite, and web browsers and with
general office machines and procedures.
- Prior HRIS and/or ATS experience a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to exhibit a high degree of
- A sense of flexibility, and willingness to perform a variety of
tasks and duties.
- Associate's degree required or equivalent education and
- Minimum of three years of related administrative experience,
preferably in human resources.
35 hours/week; 12 months/year
Full-time; Fixed Term; Non-exempt
Documents Needed to Apply
Cover Letter (required)
Salary Grade Structure
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please upload
all required documents.
The successful candidate will be required to meet our
pre-employment background screening requirements.
RISD recognizes diversity and inclusivity as fundamental to its
learning community and integral to an art and design education. We
welcome candidates whose experience has prepared them to contribute
to our commitment to diversity and excellence. RISD is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability,
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
genetics, or any other protected characteristic as established by
For internal use only - Job Family: