Part-Time Departmental Assistant
$20.00 per hour
9/18/2023 11:59 p.m.
College Assembly and the Center for the
Enrichment of Learning and Teaching (CELT)
Chair, College Assembly and Director, CELT
- Organizes and coordinates the administrative workflow.
- Coordinates complex departmental projects from inception
- Provides primary secretarial support to the departments.
- Identifies problems and/or inconsistencies in the record system
and provides for their solution or correction.
- Maintains Administrator's files, calendar, and
- Prepares correspondence, complex technical and/or statistical
reports, agenda, and minutes of meetings.
- Arranges, participates in and implements, as directed, meetings
- Participates in the training and motivation of other support
- Provides students, employees, or department members with
information and directs them to appropriate resources.
- Operates office equipment.
- Maintains accurate files and records via manual or computerized
- Orders office supplies and instructional/administrative
materials as needed.
- Sorts and distributes mail within the department.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Previous work experience in an academic area/college/school
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Windows and
- Self-motivated with excellent analytical and organizational
- Accuracy and close attention to detail
- Strong communication skills necessary in order to deal with a
multi-faceted office environment, students, and the general
10-Month Position (September 1 through June 30
20 hours per week: Monday through Thursday