eSpelman Online Instructor-Business Communication Program
Area of Study
Business Communication Program
Fall Semester 2023
About the College
Spelman College seeks teacher/scholars dedicated to excellence in
teaching and to the continued enhancement of the academic
environment for students and colleagues. Founded in 1881, Spelman
College is a private four-year liberal arts college located in
Atlanta, GA. The oldest historically Black college for women in the
United States, Spelman is a member of the Atlanta University Center
Consortium and Atlanta Regional Consortium for Higher
eSpelman is committed to educating working adults and empowering
them with the knowledge to succeed in an array of in-demand
professional fields. The eSpelman online certificate programs
enroll students of all genders and backgrounds, extending the magic
of Spelman College as the No. 1 HBCU beyond the campus gate.
Specific Courses to be Taught:
Strategic Communication Management
The Art of The Pitch
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Teach courses in the assigned discipline by adapting teaching,
advising, and coaching methodologies for working adult learners and
communicating subject matter clearly and effectively.
• Provide constructive and timely feedback to assist adult learners
in achieving completion of course objectives and learning
• Motivate adult learners to actively participate in all aspects of
the educational process.
• Engage adult learners in building a supportive online learning
• Assist in conducting course review, student learning outcomes
assessment, and program review.
• Demonstrate commitment to professional development, including but
not limited to activities such as: participating in professional
conferences, workshops, seminars, serving in statewide committees
or professional organizations, conducting research projects,
publishing scholarly works, etc.
• Participate in eSpelman hosted meetings, orientations, training,
etc., and stay engaged with the Spelman community.
• Meet record-keeping obligations on time in accordance with
eSpelman policies, e.g. grades, attendance, reports, etc.
• Perform other duties as outlined within the teaching
• A minimum of a Master’s degree from an accredited institution in
an appropriate discipline (e.g., Business Administration,
Management, Human Resources, and Business Communication) at the
time of application.
• Demonstrate a strong record and aptitude of online teaching and
• Demonstrate the ability to work both independently and as part of
• Demonstrate the ability to work on multiple projects/courses
• Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication and
interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate effectively
with students, faculty, and professional staff.
• Proficient and functional knowledge of Canvas, video conferencing
and other educational technologies, MS Office (Work, Excel,
PowerPoint, and Outlook).
Posting Detail Information
Special Instructions to Applicants
Any correspondence regarding the position or your application will
be relayed to you by our Faculty Affairs Team. Please do not reach
out to any department faculty regarding the position or status of
your application. We appreciate your interest and
Spelman College is an EEO /Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Title
IX Employer and we participate in E-Verify. We are a smoke-free
Deadline to Receive Letter(s) of Reference
COVID-19 Vaccination Protocol
Due to the heightened risk of contracting COVID -19
spread of variants, Spelman College requires up to date COVID -19
vaccination of all faculty, staff, and students (collectively
“Campus Community”) that have job duties, attend classes, or are
otherwise present on campus. You will need to submit proof of
up-to-date COVID -19 vaccination: full vaccination and a booster
(when eligible) or a single dose of the bivalent vaccine)
to your first day on campus or you may seek a medical or religious
exemption to the vaccination requirement by providing the necessary
documentation to: Yemi Brown
, PharmD Manager of COVID -19
Operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org
. Upon receiving
your Spelman Technology log-in credentials, please keep your
vaccination or exemptions records up-to-date using
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed To Apply
- Curriculum Vitae
- Transcripts (unofficial)