The Assistant Director is primarily responsible for overseeing the area of Pembroke Activities Council, student organizations, and the online student engagement platform, BraveConnect.
• Advise the student programming board, the Pembroke Activities Council
• Develop and implementing late night and weekend programs
• Coordinate the planning of special events, including Welcome Week and Late Night Breakfast
• Oversee the marketing, assessment, and financial management affiliated with these programs
• Support general programming efforts of the office including the Distinguished Speaker Series, Late Night Breakfast, Homecoming, Festival at Old Main, leadership programming, student organization support, and other events
• Facilitate the annual re-registration process for active registered student organizations
• Manage the new organization formation and approval process, assisting students, faculty, and staff of prospective student organizations with the registration process
• Maintain an updated roster of advisors and officers for all active registered student organizations
• Manage officer eligibility verification process and ensure minimum requirements are being met
• Coordinate and develop trainings, conferences, and workshops for advisors and officers of student organizations to promote organizational development and leadership development
• Support the leadership development, training and education of students engaged with the office as outlined by the office mission
• Promote the utilization of BraveConnect to the fullest capacity by all student organizations
• Recruit, train, supervise, and develop a staff of graduate assistants, interns, and/or student employees
• Maintain web and social media presence for Pembroke Activities Council and other student activities
• Ensure online information related to organizations and events is current and regularly updated
• Other duties as assigned by the Director
Frequent late night and weekend work is required.
Minimum Training and Experience Requirements: Masters Degree in Student Development, Higher Education Administration or other related discipline from an accredited college or university required. Two years experience in student affairs required (graduate work is acceptable).
Management Preferences: Three or more years of professional experience with programming or serving in a related student affairs capacity is preferred.
Special Instructions to Applicants: This position is subject to the successful completion of an employment background check. An employment background check includes a criminal background check, employment verification, reference checks, license verification (if applicable) and credit history check (if applicable). In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. New employees are paid only by direct deposit to the financial institution of their choice. Candidates claiming Veterans Preference must attach a copy of their DD-214 as a part of the online application process.
UNC Pembroke is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The University prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibits discrimination against all individuals based on their age, race, color, genetic information, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and national origin. UNC Pembroke is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and seeks priority referrals of protected veterans for our openings.