The Coordinator for Academic Assessment coordinates and strengthens academic assessment, including course and student learning outcomes assessment, General Education assessment, and program review. Under the leadership of the Associate Dean of Academic Operations, the position serves on the Academic Assessment Team and also provides direct support to faculty regarding the tenets and best practices in academic assessment. The Coordinator conducts training and professional development for faculty and staff related to assessment methodologies, practices, and technologies; and facilitates the systematic use of documents, reports, and assessment results for planning and improvements.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- monitoring data input/output and aggregate reporting and administering the campus assessment database (along with the Associate Dean and Coordinator for Curriculum and Program Development)
- working closely with the Learning Assessment Committee and providing council on higher education assessment trends
- researching, developing, and communicating assessment best practices
- identifying areas of improvement for learning and program assessment
- monitoring and implementing updates to campus assessment database
- providing consultation and training
Other duties include maintaining internal sites/communications related to assessment, serving on campus-wide committees, and performing other duties as assigned.
This is an exempt, professional staff position and includes a comprehensive benefits package offering medical, dental and vision coverage; generous paid time off; tuition assistance; and retirement savings. This position will require work performed regularly on campus.
Employees of Harford Community College, including instructors for online and virtual courses, must be residents of Maryland or the contiguous states of Delaware, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia or the District of Columbia; non-residents are expected to relocate to meet this requirement.