Sciences for Health Programs (SHP) provides a comprehensive health core and science foundation tailored to the curriculum requirements of myriad Health Science Programs. Sciences for Health Programs seeks an Academic Assistant to provide general administrative support to the faculty, staff and students. The Academic Assistant is responsible for general administrative assistant in support of the daily operations of Sciences for Health Programs, including office and payroll tasks.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Greet visitors, answer phones, respond to inquiries, resolve issues based on established college policies, and make appropriate referrals as necessary.
- Perform a wide variety of administrative tasks including data entry and the drafting, editing, and revision of letters, reports, and other materials.
- Organize and facilitate meetings and special events by scheduling and coordinating dates and times, making facility arrangements, taking attendance, and preparing agendas and minutes.
- Perform various duties related to maintaining one or more individual schedules and coordinate travel arrangements when appropriate.
- Assist in the preparation and submission of faculty load sheets, development, and maintenance of course schedules, and collection of syllabi and faculty office hours.
- Assist in the resolution of student issues based on pre-determined college policies or department practices.
- Manage payroll functions including the submission and audit of timesheet entries for staff, faculty, and work-study employees and processing appointments for adjunct faculty.
- May coordinate the adjunct faculty department orientation process.
- Perform basic, routine bookkeeping functions relative to program/department budget, which includes tracking purchases and expenditures and may include assisting in the budget development process.
- Facilitate, monitor, and/or oversee department purchasing, inventory, and requisitioning of supplies and equipment, which may include the coordination of textbook orders.
- Prepare special reports, summaries, and replies to inquiries by compiling data and statistics from various departmental resources.
- Maintain accurate databases.
- Assist in the development or upkeep of the department/area webpage.
- May instruct and oversee the activities of work-study employees.
- Assist in the planning and coordination of special events, which may include logistics, contracts, hospitality, staffing, etc.
- Comply with all published College Rules, procedures, guidelines, and laws/regulations governing public employees, including but not limited to those related to document retention and destruction, FERPA, and confidentiality.
- Provide service excellence through courteous, informed, accessible, and professional engagement.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Reports to: Academic Chair, Sciences for Health Programs
Required: Associate degree and two years of related work experience or a combination of completed education and/or related work experience equal to four years.
Additional Requirements: A criminal background check will be conducted.