Senior Administrative Assistant 1
University Job Family
For more information on ORP, visit:
Scope of Search
Sr. Administrative Assistant
Is this employee on a H1B Visa?
Massey Cancer Center
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity,
service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A
premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as
one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to
work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported
and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave
package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an
opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
This position supports executive leadership and general Massey
Cancer Center ( MCC ) operations and reports to the Director’s
Executive Assistant. Manages calendars, prioritizes multiple
issues, and holds responsibility for successful follow-through.
Resolves issues by using administrative guidelines and established
University and VCUHS policies and procedures. Plans and coordinates
special events. Handles telephone calls and requests, mail
services, office supplies and other duties. Provides fiscal
administrative support through preparing/processing travel and
other expense authorizations and reimbursements, registrations and
accommodations. Provides additional administrative support for
other areas within MCC including covering the front desk.
Minimum Hiring Standards
• Excellent interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills
with attention to detail in all written correspondence.
• Excellent customer service skills with a diverse customer
• Demonstrated experience and excellence coordinating/managing
division activities/tasks and projects and synchronizing input from
• Excellent analytical/decision-making skills.
• Excellent ability to multitask (e.g. working with faculty,
administrative teams and programs)
• Excellent organizational understanding and effective time
• Excellent computer (MicroSoft Office Suite), clerical, and
• Must be self-motivated with the ability to work both
independently and as a team member.
• Must be willing to learn new skills and have strong customer
• Experience working collaboratively and effectively with diverse
team setting (e.g., on and off site research colleagues,
consultants and outside agencies). Must be able to work in a
Preferred Hiring Standards
Prior experience supporting a physician with administrative tasks.
Required Licenses/ Certifications
Anticipated Hiring Range
Application Process/Additional Information
Normal Work Days/Hours
M-F (some evening, weekend possible)
Job Open Date
Posting will close on or before
Open Until Filled
Administrative/ Secretarial/ Clerical
Is this a restricted position?
Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
Required Documents Optional Documents
- * Please indicate how much experience you have maintaining a
calendar in electronic format for a manager/executive:
- Less than 1 year
- 1 year - 2 years
- More than 2 years
- * Describe your work experience providing administrative
support, including scheduling appointments, compiling meeting
minutes, drafting correspondence letters or reports, tracking
multiple edits to a document, etc. This position requires the
juggling of many projects and issues. Provide examples that
demonstrate your ability and experiences with multi-tasking and
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document