Information Technology Project Manager 1
University Job Family
For more information on ORP, visit:
Scope of Search
IT Project Manager
Is this employee on a H1B Visa?
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity,
service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A
premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as
one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to
work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported
and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave
package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an
opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
VCU’s Office of Development and Alumni Relations ( DAR ) seeks a
data-driven, detailed-oriented IT Project Manager to oversee and
manage IT projects. The Project Manager will guide projects from
inception to completion and work with project stakeholders and DAR
leadership to develop requirements, determine scope and communicate
project status and timelines. The Project Manager will work with
the IT teams to focus on delivery and driving continuous
improvement, along with maintaining product backlog and a release
plan. The Project Manager will work on a portfolio of projects
related to the Constituent Relationship Management System. This
position is eligible for 100% or hybrid telework.
● Ensure IT projects are kept on time and within scope.
● Monitor project progress by tracking activity, resolving
problems, publishing progress reports, and recommending
● Create project timelines using bandwidth, availability, capacity,
priority, and estimates.
● Coordinate with project team to define project scope, objectives,
requirements, milestones, phases, elements and budget.
● Create use cases and perform analysis of business and user
● Work with the clients and other resources to coordinate incoming
requests, identify requirements, assess current capabilities, and
● Maintain communication with stakeholders throughout the project
Minimum Hiring Standards
● Bachelor’s degree in a related field or relevant
● 2-3 years experience in a project management position, preferably
in the information technology or related field.
● Strong problem-solving and analytical abilities.
● Experience bridging the gap between technical and non-technical
● Experience with project management and/or case management
software ( JIRA, Trello, SmartSheet, MS Project).
● Ability to make data-driven decisions and actionable
● Able to assess core business challenges and contribute to process
● Understanding of technical requirements and the software
development life cycle.
● Strong organizational skills and the ability to structure complex
● High attention to detail and the ability to audit work for
accuracy and quality.
● Excellent computer skills and ability to learn and adapt quickly
to new software.
● Excellent communication and customer service skills are
● Ability to proactively recognize needs and manage daily workloads
and prioritization of projects.
● Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse
faculty, staff and student environment or commitment to do so as a
university professional at VCU .
Preferred Hiring Standards
● Progressive experience in project management and agile
● Knowledge and understanding of fundraising techniques, concepts
Required Licenses/ Certifications
Project management or Agile certifications
Anticipated Hiring Range
Commensurate with experience up to $75,000
Application Process/Additional Information
Monroe Park Campus
Normal Work Days/Hours
M-F/8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Job Open Date
Posting will close on or before
Open Until Filled
Is this a restricted position?
Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document