The Health Sciences Recruitment Assistant facilitates and administers the day-to-day operations within the Health Sciences Recruitment area of the college and works as part of a team providing department support in financial, reporting, event planning, service to students or other specialized support functions within the department.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide support activities for the department such as answering telephones, assisting in the coordination of special events, scheduling appointments or assisting students, college employees and the public by responding to concerns/inquiries to resolve issues based on established college policies and make appropriate referrals as necessary.
- Perform administrative support tasks including maintaining databases, data entry, drafting correspondence, preparing minutes and completing front desk tasks as appropriate, assisting staff, faculty, students and/or the public in person or via phone with issues and/or departmental requests.
- May assist students with application, enrollment, testing and registration processes or other specific student support services, which may include specific aid and eligibility guidance.
- Communicate, collaborate and maintain relationships with internal and external community constituents.
- Organize and facilitate meetings and special events; schedule and coordinate dates and times, venues, attendance, agendas, and facility arrangements.
- Monitor, reconcile and assist with fiscal administration for the department including, but not limited to, budgets, funding, purchase orders, Pcards, grants, and/or contracts.
- Facilitate, monitor and/or oversee department purchasing, inventory, and requisitioning of supplies and equipment.
- Process and audit payroll records.
- Assist with fiscal planning including participating in seeking alternate sources of funding.
- Prepare special reports, summaries or replies to inquiries by compiling data and statistics from various departmental resources.
- Assist department with aspects of student program admissions process.
- Supervise and train other support staff including student employees and volunteers.
- Assist in scheduling of building and equipment maintenance.
- Facilitate and assist in the background check process for new employees/students including fingerprinting individuals.
- Manage and update program websites and publications with the most current, accurate and timely information.
- Comply with all published College Rules, procedures, guidelines, and laws/regulations governing public employees, including but not limited to those related to document retention and destruction, FERPA, and confidentiality.
- Provide service excellence through courteous, informed, accessible, and professional engagement.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Reports to: Director, Health Sciences Recruitment, Admissions and Retention
Required: Associate degree and two years of related work experience or a combination of completed education and/or work experience equal to four years.
Additional Requirements: A criminal background check will be conducted.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Communication – able to effectively communicate in a professional, diplomatic, empathetic, and tactful manner using preferred method and level as applicable to the job.
- Team Orientation & Interpersonal – highly motivated team player with ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with all levels within and external to the organization.
- Ability to work successfully in a multi-cultural environment.
- Organization & Time Management – able to plan, schedule, organize, and follow up on tasks related to the job to achieve goals within or ahead of established time frames.
- Adaptability to Change – able to be flexible and supportive, able to positively and proactively assimilate change in rapid growth environment.
- Relationship Management – able to personally provide high level of interactive service to others, building relationships and addressing identified needs.
- Systems & Software - proficient level of knowledge of Microsoft Office and/or relevant position software programs.
- Ethics – able to demonstrate integrity, professionalism, civility, and a high degree of ethics in all job-related actions.
- Multi-task - Ability to expeditiously organize, coordinate, manage, prioritize, and perform multiple tasks simultaneously to swiftly assess a situation, determine a logical course of action, and apply the appropriate response.