Welcome to Career Opportunities at Lindenwood University.
PLEASE READ: For all applications, please include your resume
and cover letter. You may skip the “Quick Apply” page
by simply clicking “Next” at the bottom of the page. When
you arrive at the “Experience” page, you may upload all
desired documents using the upload box labeled “Resume/CV.”
This is the appropriate box to upload all documents.
Benefits of Being a Lindenwood Employee:
JOB TITLE SUMMARY
- Upon hire, employer-paid tuition benefits for bachelor’s
(employee, spouse, and dependent) and master’s degree programs
(employee and spouse only).
- Tuition discounts for doctoral programs (employee only).
- Comprehensive benefits plan: medical, dental, vision, life
insurance, disability insurance, and retirement options.
- Paid holidays: MLK Jr. day, Good Friday, Memorial Day,
Juneteenth, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving break
(Wednesday – Friday), and winter break (Dec. 23 – Jan. 1).
- Free lunch Fridays: LU employees are eligible for a free meal
on Fridays at the Evans Commons Dining Hall or Spellman Dining
Hall; Chick-fil-A and Qdoba included.
- Professional development opportunities through the Lindenwood Learning Academy .
Coordinator, Patron Services
Advancement and Community Engagement
Manager, Center for the Arts Marketing
The patron services coordinator is responsible for the oversight of
all front-of-house operations for the J. Scheidegger Center,
including proper functioning of local patron services, supervising
60+ volunteer ushers, and general customer service.
Essential Job Functions and Performance Indicators
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation
of the types of duties and level of responsibility that will be
required of positions given this title. This job description shall
not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific
duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees
may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those
specifically presented in this description.
Job Responsibilities and Execution
- Coordinates all front-of-house operations, including ushering,
concessions, coat check, climate, signs, stanchions, and
- Assists with supervision of ushers during events, usher
scheduling, and maintains usher sign-up portal
- Creates and maintains databases of K-12 schools and senior
- Coordinates outreach, registration, and accommodations for K-12
matine series, including preparing/disseminating educational
materials for school groups and arranging for campus tours and
- Coordinates upkeep and maintenance for the lobby, theater, and
surrounding spaces as needed and during performances
- Coordinates safety and security for guests at all times
- Maintains responsibility for planning, delegating, and
organizing supplies for all events
- Resolves matters of significance regarding front-of-house
operations and general customer service
- Maintains detailed records of all sales, donations, and
- Provides thought leadership in reviewing and recommending
policies and procedures to enhance operational excellence
- Ensures compliant and efficient daily management of all
- Assists box office as needed
Communication, Teamwork, and Collaboration
- Supports the mission of the university and serves as an
ambassador of the Q2 culture of service excellence
- Models, supports, and holds others accountable to the
university’s values – integrity, dedication, excellence,
creativity, and teamwork
- Supports recruitment, training, and supervision of community
Job may require other duties as assigned.
- Collaborates with supervisor to ensure optimal attendance,
sales, services, and events
- Coordinates with marketing on lobby displays as assigned
- Collaborates with marketing manager on usher screening and
selection, training, marketing plans, and incentive program
- Coordinates with departments across campus and external rentals
to execute events, including attending production meetings
- Serves as main point of contact for volunteer ushers and K-12
– An equivalent combination of
education, training, and experience will be considered. Additional
requirements may be designated by position.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities –
- Bachelor’s degree
- Customer service experience
- Prior relevant experience preferred
- Marketing experience preferred
May be representative,
but not all inclusive, of the knowledge, skills, and abilities
commonly associated with this position.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from
diverse communities and cultures
- Knowledge of digital media and computer systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Organized and detail oriented
- Ability to use good judgment, think critically, and
- Ability to work with a diverse range of skill levels and
– Environmental or atmospheric conditions
commonly associated with the performance of this job’s
- General box office/theater setting
- Variable work schedule due to diverse schedule of events
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays
– The physical demands described below
are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform this job’s essential functions. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform essential functions.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Ability to greet and guide media, community, and audiences
- Ability to stand or sit for hours at a time
- Ability to navigate stage and lighting terrain
- Regular attendance is a necessary and essential function
Lindenwood University is an Equal Opportunity employer. The
University complies with appropriate federal, state, and local laws
and provides equal employment opportunities and access to
educational programs without regard to race, color, religion,
gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
veteran status, disability, or any other protected status to all
qualified applicants and employees. Lindenwood University is
committed to a policy of non-discrimination and dedicated to
providing a positive discrimination-free educational work