Associate Dean- Instruction
Harold Washington College
The Office of Academic Affairs is made up of HWC’s academic
departments and academic support services. The Office of Academic
Affairs works with Student Affairs, and Finance and Operations to
provide an exceptional environment for learning and teaching. Our
role is to help create and maintain the best possible academic
environment for students and faculty. Harold Washington College is
currently seeking a full-time
Associate Dean- Instruction.
This position ensures quality instruction and access to academic
resources as well as assisting in the enhancement and continuous
improvement of educational programs by evaluating faculty. If you
are a goal-oriented individual who thrives in a collaborative
environment, consider joining our team.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluates full-time and part-time faculty to ensure continuity
of quality classroom instruction. Recommends enhancement, retention
or non-retention. Provides written and verbal feedback on
instructional quality according to Board/Union Collective
- Coordinates and directs the evaluation, review, and
implementation of innovative curriculum additions and revisions.
Reviews course outlines and syllabi and offers feedback and
- Assists the VP and Dean of Instruction in the tenure and
- Assists with comprehensive orientation programs for full-time
and part-time faculty.
- Works with the Office of Research to plan and conduct
- Represents the college to community organizations and agencies
and participates on districtwide committees.
- Serves as weekend and/or evening administrator for the
- Adheres to CCC Customer Service Excellence standards.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Completion of a Master’s degree from an accredited college or
- Minimum of two (2) years in leadership position in higher
- Training, participation and/or knowledge of higher education
accreditation procedures, articulation process, assessment and
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and multiculturalism in
one’s work experience.
- Experience in union setting preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to create a learning environment that
fosters student success.
- Demonstrated ability to develop a technologically integrated
environment that fosters innovation within a learning
- Demonstrated ability to resolve student complaints and
recommend appropriate procedures for resolution. Preferred/
- Experience working in a community college and instructional
experience are highly preferred.
- Experience organizing or serving as a part of a self-study
process (credit or occupational) are highly desirable.
- Experience with writing measurable student learning outcomes,
creating appropriate syllabi, and participating in course- and
Harold Washington College
- Chicago residency is required for all full-time employees
within 6 months of hire.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago.
, located at 30 East Lake Street
in Chicago's Loop, is a student-centered institution that empowers
all members of its community through accessible and affordable
academic advancement, career development and personal enrichment.
At HWC, employees contribute to the success of our students while
enjoying competitive compensation and outstanding benefits
packages. Build your future at City Colleges of Chicago and ensure
more students complete their curricula - college-ready,
career-ready and prepared to pursue their life’s goals. This is an
exciting time in the history of City Colleges of Chicago (CCC),
District 508, the largest community college system in Illinois and
one of the largest in the nation.