International Administrative Assistant
Duties and Responsibilities:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Code, tabulate, and assemble fiscal, statistical, budget and
related data; collect and post information into computer or manual
filing system; process travel vouchers, vendor vouchers, purchase
orders and invoices; follow acceptable/standard bookkeeping
procedures; collect fees and maintain collection records; maintain
department records/accounts; proofread documents/written materials;
process international student health insurance.
- Function as the first point of contact within International
Affairs the Office of Global Initiatives to: receive office
visitors and/or telephone calls; answer routine questions; screen
calls/callers; take messages and/or refer to appropriate personnel;
pick-up, sort and deliver mail.
- Use of departmental computer systems and Banner Financial
systems, and enter and manage data accordingly; operate office
machines (e.g., copier, scanner, fax, calculator, personal
- Maintain and order supplies.
- Maintain Office of Global Initiatives web site.
- Knowledge of basic word processing and spreadsheet software and
the ability to operate standard PC/PC software applications
- Knowledge of integrated student information systems, i.e.
Banner and data management systems
- Knowledge of record-keeping procedures and FERPA
- Knowledge of applicable university policies and procedures
- Very strong customer service skills
- Positive interpersonal skills; good oral and written
- Ability to perform basic mathematical computations
- Ability to review materials and identify discrepancies or
mistakes (i.e., proofreading)
- Ability to respond to several demands at one time
- Ability to maintain records
- Ability to coordinate the work of others (students
- Ability to provide information and assistance to assigned staff
- Ability to comfortably interact with and assist students,
visitors, and faculty of other ethnicities and cultures whose first
language is not English
High school diploma or equivalent and two years’ general office
experience. Specific records and Banner experience is
Job Open Date:
This posting will remain open until closed:
Job Close Date:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Auburn University at Montgomery reserves the right once
interviewing has begun to stop accepting applications.
About the University/College
Located in Alabama’s vibrant state capital, Auburn University at
Montgomery is a fast-growing university on the rise. Don’t just
take our word for it: The Princeton Review rates us as one of the
best colleges in the Southeast, while U.S. News & World Report
recently ranked us No. 22 among regional universities in the South
for the quality of undergraduate teaching and 38th among all public
institutions in the region.
Auburn University at Montgomery is an equal opportunity employer
committed to excellence through diversity; therefore, we encourage
applications from historically underrepresented groups, veterans,
and individuals with disabilities. We are committed to build and
sustain an inclusive and equitable working and learning environment
for all students, staff, and faculty. We believe every member on
our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of
ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges,
and to discover, design, and deliver solutions. Prospective
candidates will help further the institutional goals of promoting
equity, diversity, and inclusivity.
Position Profile Link
Optional Documents Posting Specific Questions
- Cover Letter
- Professional Reference Sheet
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).