Alamo Colleges District is seeking qualified candidates for Dean for Academic Support Services at Palo Alto College
If interested in the position, you must apply on-line to receive full consideration.
To learn more, please visit our jobs page at https://alamo.edu/jobs and search for req10260
Job Summary and Description
Responsible for planning, developing, coordinating, evaluating, and assessing the academic support services/programs that may include but is not limited to: library, tutoring, teaching and learning/instructional innovation center, honors program, community programs, and faculty/student mentorship. Fosters a culture of diversity, equity and inclusivity that creates a climate conducive to the success of students, staff, and faculty from a broad range of cultural heritages, socioeconomic backgrounds, genders, and abilities and orientations. Ensures compliance with a variety of applicable laws, rules, regulations and requirements related to community college instruction and pathways.
Reports to the Vice President for Academic Success.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in a related field.
- Substantial experience in college teaching, instructional administration, program planning, and/or programs of academic support and development with a proven record of increasingly broad responsibilities.
- Understanding of, sensitivity to and respect for the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic background of students, faculty, staff, and community.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Doctorate degree in a related field.
- Experience in a community college.
Licenses and Certifications:
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver license. Must be insurable through the organization’s insurers.
- Motor Vehicle Report is required in addition to background check and drug screen
Alamo Colleges is an Equal Opportunity Employer