The University of North Florida is seeking a Chairperson for the Department of Public Health in the Brooks College of Health. The successful applicant must be capable of leading a multidisciplinary department that includes bachelor’s and master’s degrees in Public Health, and a Clinical Mental Health Counseling master’s degree program.
1. Provide leadership to establish and maintain a culture of success, collaboration, and collegiality.
2. Actively advocate for the department, and its faculty, staff, students, and priorities.
3. Establish programmatic, fiscal and other strategic priorities for the Department in collaboration with the faculty and Dean.
4. Foster a motivational environment for productive scholarship and creative activities.
5. Facilitate the development, implementation, and assessment of strategic and planning processes with the Department and College.
6. Maintain open and effective communication with faculty, staff, students, and administration, and hold department meetings.
7. Recruit, hire, develop, mentor, and retain outstanding faculty and staff in order to carry out the mission of the Department and College.
8. Support faculty professional growth through all stages of their professional careers.
9. Encourage continuous improvement in the quality of teaching, research, and service within the Department.
10. Assist program directors, faculty, and staff in the preparation of accreditation and/or program review documents.
11. Develop and promote quality programs in response to student, university, and/or community needs in collaboration with the faculty and Dean.
12. Manage the various Department budgets, facilities, and space (e.g., labs) to assure effective and cost-conscious Department and College operations.
13. Supervise USPS, OPS, and A&P staff and facilitate their professional development/growth.
14. Facilitate the implementation of Department, College, and University policies.
15. Facilitate the completion of faculty activity reports, course schedules, teaching assignments, program reviews, and other reports as needed.
16. Maintain accessibility to students, staff, and faculty.
17. Teach a standard six credit hour load (two courses) in each calendar year unless otherwise noted in the chair contract.
18. Complete tenure and promotion appraisals as well as annual evaluations on all faculty and staff in a timely fashion.