The Internal Communication Manager serves as a member of the Marketing + Communication Team to advance the strategic objectives of ESU and to disseminate ESU-centered information to faculty and staff. Reporting to the Director of Media Relations + Internal Communication, this position works closely with the entire Marketing + Communication team.
- Develop working knowledge of all non-academic units of Emporia State University.
- Align activity with ONE ESU vision and advance strategic objectives including ESU administration, internal functions, enrollment (undergraduate, graduate, international), student retention, community relations, advancement, athletics and ESU brand + identity.
- Build close working relationships with internal campus partners
- In close collaboration with fellow Marketing + Communication team members, identify important information for ESU faculty and staff from across campus to share out via the online Internal Communication Portal.
- Develop and maintain a communication plan to drive traffic to the online Internal Communication Portal as the primary news-sharing vehicle for ESU faculty and staff.
- Identify news items and topics that could be elevated through additional ESU channels and shared with the public.
- Lead, manage, ensure adherence to, and flawless execution of, the ESU brand at every opportunity.
- Be a positive contributor with fellow marketing team members on various activations, brainstorms and content ideation.
- Measure, provide insights and deliver regular actionable reports.
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s in Communications, Marketing or related field
- 1+ years relevant experience
- Salary:$45,000-$50,000 commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Emporia State University offers a generous benefit package. Find out more about our health benefits, retirement options, paid time off, dependent and spouse tuition waiver program, and many other benefits at this link.
To apply, upload a letter of interest, resume, and contact information for at least three professional references here.
A background check and official transcripts are required prior to hire.
Review of Application Materials will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
For more information
Emporia State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other factors which cannot be considered by law.