Senior Executive Assistant To The President
Commensurate with experience
Commensurate with experience
Commensurate with experiece
Brief Summary of Job Duties
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Requested Minimum Qualifications
- Completes a broad variety of administrative and managerial
tasks for the President, including managing an extremely active
calendar of appointments
- Oversees and manages expense reports
- Composes and prepares correspondence that is sometimes
- Manages complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries and
agendas and compiles documents for meetings
- Plans, coordinates and assures the President’s schedule is
followed and respected
- Provides “gatekeeper” and “gateway” role, creating win-win
situations for direct access to the President’s time and
- Communicates directly and on behalf of the President with Board
members, donors and others, on matters related to the President’s
programmatic initiatives addressed to the President, including
those of a sensitive or confidential nature
- Determines the appropriate course of action, referral or
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the
President’s Office and internal staff
- Maintains credibility, trust and support with senior management
- Works closely and effectively with the President to keep him
well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities,
following up appropriately
- Prepares and formats letters for the President’s review
- Oversees social events, i.e., Faculty Institute Reception, MSU
Choir’s Spring and Christmas Receptions, etc.
- Oversees the President’s credit line account; makes decisions,
with input from the President and Chief of Staff, on issues
concerning the effective operation of the office
- Coordinates with the Chief of Staff regarding the hiring of
office staff; and oversees student workers.
The successful candidate must have a Bachelor’s Degree in any
discipline from an accredited college or university.
A minimum of five years of work experience supporting a key
executive professional is required.
Other Preferences for Consideration
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite Applications (Outlook,
Word, Excel, and Power Point), Adobe Acrobat, and Social Media
- Ability to initiate virtual meetings using various platforms
(Google Meet, Zoom, etc.)
Candidates with a Master’s Degree from an accredited college or
university may be given preference. Candidates with experience
working within a higher Education Setting may also
be given preference.
Posting Detail Information
Number of Vacancies
Job Open Date
Application Review Date
Job Close Date
Special Instructions to Applicant
Please enter two professional references in the References page of
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this career opportunity?
- Career Fair
- Morgan's Career Website
- Another Job Website
- Internal Job Posting
- Word of Mouth
- * What is the highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- * How many years of experience do you have in this type of
- * Are you a current, past or retired Morgan University
employee? Are you a current, past or retired State employee? If YES
to pass, retired or current STATE employee, please put the agency.
If not applicable, put N/A.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Transcripts (unofficial )