Administrative Assistant - School of Humanities & Social
Sciences - INTERNAL ONLY
Full Time Permanent - Staff
$39,000 - $42,000
The Citadel, The Military College of South Carolina is seeking an
experienced Administrative Assistant for the School of Humanities
and Social Sciences to support the Office of the Dean and
contribute to the success of the students, faculty, and seven
academic departments within SHSS.
The ideal candidate will serve as a key link between the Dean's
Office, faculty, and staff across the Citadel. You will be
responsible for a range of administrative duties that ensure the
smooth operation of the School and contribute to the achievement of
student and faculty research goals.
In this role, you will:
- Financial Management: Monitor departmental accounts, process
expenditures, and manage purchases following institutional
guidelines. Maintain accurate documentation and files in adherence
to Citadel policies and regulations.
- Information Resource: Serve as a knowledgeable resource on
Citadel policies, procedures, and best practices for SHSS faculty,
students, and staff.
- Student and Faculty Research Support: Manage TCF faculty
research grants and their associated expenses. Coordinate travel
arrangements, conference registrations, and student award
- Reporting and Data Compilation: Gather and compile data to
prepare reports as directed by the supervisor, Dean, and Department
Heads using platforms like Banner and other systems.
- Event Logistics: Provide support for SHSS events, including
guest lectures, academic conferences, and Advisory Board
- Course Scheduling: Assist department heads in creating semester
course schedules, ensuring accurate course information and optimal
- A high school graduate with at least three(3) years of
administrative support experience, or four-year college graduate
with at least two(2) years of administrative experience.
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to manage a
variety of tasks and prioritize effectively.
- Strong interpersonal skills to establish and maintain positive
relationships with colleagues and the public.
- Dependable, self-motivated, and flexible with the ability to
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with Banner or similar systems
- Previous administrative support experience in an academic
- Event planning experience
To apply, visit https://jobs.citadel.edu/cw/en-us/job/496420/administrative-assistant-school-of-humanities-social-sciences-internal-only