About Le Moyne College:
Le Moyne College, located in Syracuse, N.Y., is an independent college established by the Jesuits in 1946 to provide students with a values-based, comprehensive academic program designed to foster intellectual excellence and preparation for a life of leadership and service. Today, Le Moyne has evolved into a nationally acclaimed college of liberal arts and sciences that draws students from across the U.S. and abroad.
Le Moyne College is a diverse learning community that strives for academic excellence in the Catholic and Jesuit tradition through its comprehensive programs rooted in the liberal arts and sciences. Its emphasis is on education of the whole person and on the search for meaning and value as integral parts of the intellectual life. Le Moyne College seeks to prepare its members for leadership and service in their personal and professional lives to promote a more just society.
Le Moyne College aims to advance the values of diversity and inclusiveness at the college. To do this, Le Moyne seeks scholars and professionals who bring innovation, creativity, and impact to the campus, and who bring greater depth, breadth, and diversity to our campus community. Le Moyne College is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, persons of color, and Jesuits to apply for employment.
This Mid-Level Practitioner provides clinical services to students including, but not limited to, physical examinations, diagnosis and treatment of acute conditions, ordering and interpreting diagnostic tests, referrals to community specialists, educating students regarding illnesses or injuries, and prescribing medications. The Mid-Level Practitioner is a key partner in the interdisciplinary team of healthcare providers, mental health counselors, social workers, and psychiatrist, all who provide integrated and holistically focused care.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Job duties specific to this position:
- Meets regularly with the College's Medical Director
- Provides diagnosis and treatment for acute illness and injuries presented by students.
- Participates within the interdisciplinary team which treats students for chronic illnesses.
- Responsible for ordering and interpreting diagnostic tests (lab & radiology) and referrals to community specialists.
- Performs routine physical examinations for students (athletes, internship, travel abroad etc.)
- Provides patient education and prevention guidance to be given in all aspects of care.
- Documents & maintains confidentiality of all medical records.
- Collaborates with and trains new per diem Mid-Level practitioners
- Provides integrative and collaborative care within the Wellness Center Team.
- Provides case management, consultation and wellness education.
- Participates in outreach, prevention and wellness programming for a diverse range of student concerns and issues
- Provides other related duties as required and assigned.
Job expectations for all Le Moyne College employees:
- Demonstrates and role-models all of Le Moyne's mission-based competencies (collaboration, communication, diversity, integrity, leadership and service) in every interaction with all community members and external parties.
- Strengthen digital literacy skills through education and the application of digital technologies in order to effectively engage in information gathering, utilization and data management while promoting a security culture.
- Supports cura personalis by treating all individuals with dignity, professionalism and kindness.
- Promotes cura apostolica by aligning professional goals, objectives, and performance with college's strategic goals.
- Demonstrates excellent work attendance, reliability and work ethic.
- Attends and actively participates in required meetings and training sessions.
- Complies and adheres to all of Le Moyne's established policies, procedures and codes of conduct at all times, including all health and safety requirements and regulations, to promote desired behavior and build awareness.
- Must complete all required federal, state, institution and department trainings.
- Engages in a planned program of professional development. Continually maintains skills and knowledge relative to the position and technology industry including best practice, evolving operational requirements, and industry trends.
- Performs a variety of related duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an approved Physician Assistant or NP program with current New York State license in good standing.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience as a Mid-Level Practitioner in College Health, Family Practice, and/or Emergency or Urgent Care.
- Current NCCPA Certification for PA /ANCC or AACN for Nurse Practitioner
- CPR certification.
- DEA license.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Holistic and wellness attitudes.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion job expectations for all Le Moyne College employees:
- Demonstrates commitment to promoting a more diverse, inclusive and equitable work environment by supporting the diversity, equity, and inclusion goals of the employee's unit.
- Regularly participates in professional development opportunities to become more aware of DEI issues and to consider ways in which their work can be expanded to honor and incorporate the diversity of our community.
- Works to neutralize institutional bias by analyzing the policies and procedures of their unit and making suggestions to remove barriers for historically underserved people.
- Promotes open communication across Le Moyne's community in order to create an inclusive environment, and understanding of others backgrounds, ideas, and perspectives.
Le Moyne Benefits
403(b) Retirement contribution- (9.5% Employer match)
Generous tuition coverage
Health insurance options- (Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts)
Health Savings Accounts- (Partially Employer funded)
Basic Life & AD&D Insurance- (Employer paid)
Short and Long Term Disability Insurance (Employer paid)
Supplemental Life & AD&D Insurance
Voluntary benefits- (Legal, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity, Accident Insurance, Pet Insurance etc.)
12 paid holidays (In addition to paid time off the week between Christmas and New Years)
Generous time off package
Pay Range: $59,000 - $75,000 annually
Equal Employment Opportunity
Le Moyne College is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship & immigration or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Le Moyne makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
To apply for this position please click the 'Apply Now' button and submit the required materials for consideration:
Cover letter outlining your interest in the position
Contact information for 3 professional references