POSITION OVERVIEW Founded in 1981 by a group of visionary social workers, the Institute for Clinical Social Work (ICSW) provides students with a psychodynamic graduate education that values social justice, diversity, and compassionate practice. The mission of the Institute for Clinical Social Work, an institution of higher education, is to prepare scholars and practitioners to advance the knowledge and quality of practice in the fields of clinical social work and counseling and to serve diverse communities through professional and academic contributions.
The academic dean has oversight of all academic programs and is governed by ICSW’s Articles of Academic Governance. This position reports to the president and serves as an ex-officio member of the board of trustees.
KEY POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review academic programs and recommend innovative strategies for institutional growth to the president Identify and recommend strategic academic initiatives to the president Develop, implement, oversee, and evaluate academic and clinical policies and programs Develop, implement, oversee, and evaluate curricular offerings for all academic programs Oversight of faculty and academic affairs staff (including registrar, coordinator of academic services, coordinator of internships, and institutional research) Prepare the academic calendar
- Provide an annual roster of faculty, and other academic appointments, to the president
- Collaborate with the president to ensure that all professional and academic accreditation standards are met Lead the accreditation processes and ensure continuous improvement through regular assessment and meeting accreditation requirements Ensure compliance, in conjunction with president, of all regulatory and corporate regulations Review of all academic materials to ensure compliance with department of education and accreditation requirements
- Prepare and submit to the vice president for finance and operations an annual budget for academic affairs Collaborate with the president in identifying non-tuition resource streams Review projected revenues and expenses to ensure they are in line with the annual budget
- Appoint faculty to academic committees and leadership positions Chair appropriate academic committees (e.g. curriculum, continuing education, accreditation, progression, etc.) Identify and develop recruitment strategies to increase and maintain a diverse faculty Lead faculty meetings Provide training and support for faculty development Organize annual faculty retreat(s)/ in-service workshops Appoint and renew faculty members with the advice of faculty Implementation and oversight of academic policies and programming Oversight of the matriculation and the progress of the students Preside over faculty meetings, curricular and program adjustments Periodic reports to the faculty on the affairs of the Institute Review the course schedule and assign faculty to appropriate courses in the Ph.D. program and MA program
- Develop and identify educational and community partnerships for continuing education events Cultivate, in collaboration with the president, strong internal and external relationships to increase reputation and visibility Represent the institution, along with the president, at targeted community events, conferences, and meetings that increase reputation and visibility
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Reviewing academic files and ensuring they are updated Reviewing and updating academic program information Work closely with director of admissions/enrollment in recruiting students Lead in organizing new student orientation, on-site weekends, and fall welcome events Other responsibilities as assigned
- Ph.D. in social work or counseling with base licensure, or MA degree in social work or counseling with advanced licensure, or clinical certification from accredited institutions Academic preparation in the psychodynamic framework and understanding of psychodynamic education
- Demonstrated ability working with a team Demonstrated commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity Demonstrated commitment to student success Eligibility to work in and travel freely to and from the U.S. Experience with academic advising Experience with accreditation and program review Experience with field placements Experience with program development and review Five years of experience in higher education Proven record of excellent teaching Supervisory or management experience
- Ph.D. degree in counseling, or social work, with advanced licensure Minimum of two years of experience as an academic dean Demonstrated record of academic scholarship Five or more years of experience in higher education Five or more years of experience at the director or department level Experience in graduate recruitment
- Integration of technology in higher education Written, verbal, and interpersonal communication and interpersonal skills Excellent organizational skills A genuine commitment to student service and success Ability to work with the public is required Ability to be self-motivated and work independently Strong computer skills and proficiency with Google products and Microsoft Office Suite applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint Strict adherence to meeting goals and deadlines Confidentiality, punctuality and dependability are essential Demonstrated organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
Background Check Statement Any offer of employment to a successful candidate will be conditioned upon the receipt of a satisfactory criminal background report.
Eligibility for Employment Proper documentation of identity and eligibility for employment will be required before the hiring process can be completed.
Diversity Statement The Institute for Clinical Social Work is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer equal opportunity employer. In compliance with the Americans and Disabilities Acts (ADA and ADAAA), ICSW will provide, if requested, reasonable accommodation to applicants in need of access to the application, interviewing and selection process.
How to apply:
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter, CV or resume to human resources at: firstname.lastname@example.org. One PDF document is preferred.
Application Deadline: October 20, 2023. Position will remain open until filled.