This position is security-sensitive and thereby subject to the
provisions of the Texas Education Code §51.215, which authorizes
the employer to obtain criminal history record information.
Clinical Assistant/Associate Professor of Nursing - 2 positions to
Clinical Assistant Professor or Clinical Associate Professor
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
Full-Time Non-Tenure Track
College of Health Sciences
Refer Applicants To
Sam Houston State University
3380 College Park Dr., Suite 400
The Woodlands, TX 77384
Duties Performed in the Usual Course of the Job
The duties and responsibilities of this position include teaching
across the curriculum in both classroom and clinical setting;
advising and mentoring students; performing professional and
community service and outreach; and contributing to ongoing program
evaluation and improvement.
Educational Requirements for the Position
Earned masters or doctorate in nursing from an accredited
Must hold an active, or be eligible for, an unencumbered Texas APRN
Experience Required for the Position
• Evidence of and/or ability to teach in University/College
• Demonstrated involvement in professional service.
• Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills and
• Demonstrated experience working with diverse populations.
Other Requirements for the Position
• Use of technology in instruction and experience with
distance/online education, scholarship, and/or practice,
• Recent or current clinical practice experience preferred.
Special Instructions Summary
Sam Houston State University School of Nursing invites applications
for 9 month, full-time, clinical faculty at the rank of Clinical
Assistant/Associate Professor. Rank will be determined on
The School of Nursing offers a baccalaureate degree in nursing with
approximately 400 students and 25 full-time faculty. The University
is a member of the Texas State System. The School of Nursing is
located at The Woodlands Center campus in The Woodlands, Texas. The
successful candidate will be expected to maintain a campus presence
as part of the School of Nursing faculty.
Open Until Filled
Sam Houston State University is an Equal Employment
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and Smoke/Drug-Free
Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, creed, ancestry, marital status,
citizenship, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran
status, disability status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, or gender
identity or expression. Sam Houston State University is an “at
will” employer. Employees with a contract will have additional
terms and conditions. Security sensitive positions at SHSU require
background checks in accordance with Education Code § 51.215.
Security and Fire Safety Report
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you learn about this position?
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- HBCU Connect - Historically Black Colleges and
- HACU - Hispanic Association of Colleges & Universities
- The Journal of Blacks in Higher Education
- Association for Women in Science
- TWC - Work in Texas
- Inside Higher Ed
- Higher Ed Jobs
- HERC - Higher Education Recruitment Consortium
- SHSU Website
- SHSU Employee
- SHSU Recruiter
- If your response to the question above was 'SHSU Employee'
please indicate employee's name and department.
(Open Ended Question)
- If your response to the question above was 'Other' please
indicate from what source.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae (Faculty)
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Letter of Recommendation 3