Staff - Advancement Services Specialist
Susquehanna University is the future-ready institution for today,
invested in cultivating intellectual grounding, active learning and
global citizenship for all students. Renowned as one of the finest
U.S. national liberal arts colleges, Susquehanna inspires and
challenges 2,200 enterprising, bright-minded students studying the
arts, business, humanities and sciences. Our students seize
opportunities through exceptional worldwide internships,
expert-guided research and an acclaimed study-abroad program,
leading to a transformative education that empowers each graduate
to realize their unique potential and lead a successful and
meaningful life. The Susquehanna River Valley with its fresh air
and overall pleasant year-round climate, provides four distinct
seasons amidst a backdrop of vibrant autumn foliage, occasional
winter snowfalls, flower-filled springs and warm summer evenings
illuminated by fireflies. Nearby outdoor recreational areas for
hiking, kayaking, fishing and skiing — and the bustling cultural
and commerce hubs of New York City, Washington D.C., Baltimore and
Philadelphia within a three-hour drive — present abundant
opportunities for learning and discovery.
The Advancement Services Specialist
reports to the Director of Advancement Services and provides
oversight and primary support in data input, reporting, and
analytics for the Office of Advancement and other university
departments. This position is defined as a non-exempt position
under FLSA regulations.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Directs and oversees day-to-day administration of the
charitable gift process with Advancement Team members including
gift entry, receipting, reporting, auditing and Finance
- Directs and oversees updates, additions, and formatting of
alumni/ parent/s student/and friends contact and biographical
- At the direction of the Director of Advancement Services
provides internal and external data reporting and list generation
including support of annual fund solicitation and alumni relations
- External list generation includes other university department
requests as needed.
- Inputs and evaluates data from a variety of sources to identify
potential donors and their financial capacity and inclination in
supporting the University.
- Works cooperatively with various campus constituents and
departments to ensure data access and accurate reporting as well as
timely data request process.
- Promotes a customer service philosophy among the Advancement
team that focuses on meeting the information needs of the division
and the wider campus community.
- Knowledge and experience in data management and basic reporting
and analytics, with an emphasis on best practices in the
- Ability to solve problems creatively and manage multiple
complex tasks and projects simultaneously, especially given a
dynamic reporting environment that requires ongoing consultation
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems
such as word processing, managing files and records, designing
forms, and other office procedures and terminology;
- Skilled at written and verbal communication in order to convey
information effectively and as appropriate for the needs of the
- Skilled at active listening in order to give full attention to
what other people are saying.
- Ability to manage one's own time and the time of others.
- Ability to set priorities.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others as well as
- Technical skills in using Microsoft Excel, Access, and with
additional skills in using Ellucian database/CRM and Informer
reporting platform or similar.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer
service including customer needs assessment, meeting quality
standards for services, and evaluation of customer
- Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus,
statistics, and their applications
- Knowledge of English language including meaning and spelling of
words, rules of composition and grammar.
Bachelor’s degree required preferably in
an information systems related field.
- Three years of experience in data management or information
systems or related field required. Higher education experience
Special Instructions to the Applicant:
- Sedentary Work - involves sitting most of the time, but may
involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
- Position requires the ability to talk and to hear
- Position requires manual dexterity and the ability to use
fingers, hands, and arms to type, feel, handle, and reach.
- Position requires occasional stooping, crouching and
- Working conditions are indoor. Occasional need to attend
evening or weekend events
Number of Months:
Other Number of Months:
Work Schedule/Hours per Week:
Open Until Filled:
Anticipated Start Date:
To apply, visit https://jobs.susqu.edu/postings/3530