As a premier institution in agriculture and technology, SUNY Cobleskill calls all learners to grow, to sustain, and to renew the world and its citizens. The College acts as a reflection of, and a catalyst for, advancement in our fields. With an emphasis on applied learning and experiential education, SUNY Cobleskill prepares students for successful careers, advanced studies, and engaged citizenship.
Founded in 1911, SUNY Cobleskill enrolls approximately 2000 students in 55 diverse majors. The campus sets the standard for applied education that extends theory into practice. SUNY Cobleskill is a community characterized by empathy, inclusivity, respect, personal growth, integrity, and a collaborative spirit fostering well-being and sustainable practices. We recognize and celebrate student, faculty and staff achievements. We take pride in our campus and encourage collaboration with our surrounding communities.
Our modern, 902-acre campus features outstanding educational facilities, including an equestrian center, 200-cow dairy facility, cold and warm water fish hatcheries, specialized classrooms and scientific laboratories, two state-of-the-art culinary arts teaching kitchens, child development and childcare centers, and an art gallery and graphic design center.
Drawing on a rich academic tradition that spans more than 100 years, our purpose remains constant; to educate future entrepreneurs, scientists, thought leaders, artists, educators, and practitioners to contribute to the sustainability of a healthy and prosperous societal existence in concert with a robust environment.
The Beard Wellness Center is an integrated healthcare facility on the SUNY Cobleskill campus. The Wellness Center provides medical and mental health care as well as health education services to currently enrolled traditional and nontraditional students. The Wellness Center is an accredited facility through the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care.
The Wellness Center is looking to establish within their team two to three per diem physician assistants/nurse practitioners who can work between four and 36 hours per week during the Fall 2023 semester subject to operational needs. There are no holiday or on-call coverage requirements. Duties will include:
- Assessment, diagnosis and treatment of illness and injury
- Physical examinations
- Acute and well care
- Health education
- Mental health services
- Current New York State Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner license/certification
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in acute care
- Experience with provision of mental health services
- The salary for this position is $45 per hour.
- The work schedule for this position is Monday through Friday 8 am to 4:15 pm depending on the need.
- This is a temporary part-time position with a start date of October 1, 2023
- This position offers full New York State benefits which are some of the most comprehensive in the country.
- SUNY Cobleskill is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community for our students and employees. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final candidates being considered for employment. Any offer of employment is contingent on the successful completion of the background check.
- This position may be designated 55 b/c and is subject to verification of applicant eligibility.
SUNY Cobleskill is committed to fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff, and students, and ensuring equal educational and employment opportunity and access to services, programs and activities without regard to an individual's race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, familial status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, domestic violence victim status, criminal conviction, or any other legally protected status. Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodation during the hiring process should contact the Human Resources Office at (518) 255-5514.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SUNY Cobleskill's Tile IX Coordinator is Amanda Clark, who can be contacted via phone at 518-255-5445, email at email@example.com, or mailing address of SUNY Cobleskill, Knapp Hall Room 123, Cobleskill, NY 12043.
The application review process will begin immediately and will continue until a suitable candidate is found.
A complete application consists of the following:
1. Letter of application, addressing qualifications, position responsibilities, and college values
2. Current CV or Resume
3. Names, emails and phone numbers of at least three professional references, preferably former supervisors
* To apply you must create an account and apply through this posting.