ASSISTANT REGISTAR – FULL TIME
Kennedy-King College is looking for an Assistant Registrar to join
the Enrollment Services Team. The Assistant Registrar is
responsible for the supervision of records and data entry by
clerical staff. Coordinates, manages, and writes procedures for the
registration/grade process and records maintenance for the Credit,
Adult Education and Skills Center programs in the Office of
Admissions and Records.
The mission of the Registrar’s Office is to preserve the academic
integrity, confidentiality, procedures, and policies governing the
maintenance of student academic records, adhering to and enforcing
the City Colleges of Chicago (CCC) academic and student policies
and the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) in
collaboration with students, faculty, staff, and admiration.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinates and manages the registration process for the Adult
Education, Skills, off-campus programs, and Middle College.
Coordinates and manages the grade report process to and from
faculty for terminal input. Follows-up on missing/outstanding grade
- Establishes procedures and maintains the student records for
Adult Education, State Legalization Impact Assistance Grant (SLIAG)
and Skills programs.
- Coordinates the activities for these programs.
- Handles student related problems.
- Verifies and processes staff certificate-of-attendance
- Oversees the process for students’ transcripts.
- Writes procedures for tasks.
- Prepares semester activities schedule and registration calendar
for Adult Education, Nursing Program, and Credit programs.
- Assists in the planning of campus registration.
- Verifies state and reimbursement claims.
- Trains college staff on PeopleSoft system.
- Interviews and recommends applicants for vacancies in the
Records area of the Registrar’s office.
- Attends various meetings.
- Adheres to City Colleges of Chicago (CCC) Customer Service
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Management
supplemented by five-six years of college experience; or an
equivalent combination of training and experience is required.
- Proven organizational skills and supervisory ability.
- Must have the ability to use computers to perform work
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication
- Must be self-directed and innovative, able to assess current
operations in an effort to improve the future goals of the
- Must be able to meet deadlines in a timely manner.
Excellent health benefits at a low cost; Investment
plans 403(b) & 457(b); SURS Retirement Plan; Generous vacation,
holidays, personal and sick days; Tuition Reimbursement. For a more
detailed overview of benefits please visit our benefits page
Chicago residency is required for all full-time employees within
six (6) months of hire.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of