The Director of the soon-to-be-named HSI Center at Elmhurst
University provides leadership and direction in the development,
implementation and assessment of educationally transformative
programs centering on Hispanic, Latin American, and Latinx
cultures. The Director, along with Center staff, will work to
promote academic excellence and enhance the University experience
for students, with an emphasis on Hispanic and Latinx students.
This position is a member of the Center staff, the Office of Equity
and Inclusion and is funded by the
Title V DHSI Grant
awarded to Elmhurst University.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Facilitate and promote culturally based learning and engagement
opportunities for students Hispanic/Latinx/é students.
- Work toward enhancing the experience, retention, and academic
opportunities of students by managing the Center for the attraction
of the entire student body.
- Manage collaborations with campus partners such as admissions,
counseling and psychological services, learning center, and student
activities and organizations to maintain and expand a network that
enhances engagement and supports success of diverse student
population and development.
- Develop, implement and assess learning outcomes and annual
goals to include student success, student belonging, recruitment,
persistence and retention.
- Use data to assess programming and learning outcomes regularly
and create reports to inform improvement and development of
services and programs
- Shared management of the Center’s brand identity, along with
external communications and public relations following Elmhurst
- Develop and implement campus and community opportunities and
initiatives that reach students, staff, faculty, administrators and
local and state-level organizations.
- Maintain and expand ties with off-campus partners; and
represent Elmhurst University at state and national level
opportunities such as USHLI and HACU .
- Provide fiscal and budgetary accountability for Center
expenditures and develop projected budgets for programs.
- Hire and supervise Center staff and student workers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Higher Education Administration, Student
Affairs, Diversity Studies, Ethnic Studies, Cultural Studies, Latin
American and/or Latinx/o/a Studies, American Studies, Sociology,
Latin American and/or Latinx/o/a Literatures or related field
- Working experience in managing or overseeing a student facing
- Knowledge of Latin American and/or U.S. Latinx histories,
cultures and intersectional identities (Latinx, lowincome, LGBTQ,
first-generation, undocumented, immigrant, ethnic and racial) and
higher education issues
- Bilingual in English/Spanish
- Demonstrated multicultural competencies in working with diverse
- Experience in designing, implementing, and evaluating
culturally relevant programs and events
- Professional experience advising and creating leadership
development opportunities for students and student
- Experience developing community and public engagement programs,
and public speaking
- Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Cloud
- Data analysis and assessment
- Excellent written/verbal communication along with strong
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
- Master’s Degree in Higher Education, Student Affairs, Diversity
Studies, Ethnic Studies, Latin American and/or Latinx Studies,
Sociology, American Studies or a related field Demonstrated
experience in managing or overseeing a student-services
- Project management skills
- Demonstrated competence in print and digital marketing
Employee is subject to indoor work, protected from weather
conditions. Work is sedentary in nature and involves exerting up to
10 lbs. of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force
frequently/constantly in order to lift, carry, push, pull or
otherwise move object.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please provide 3 references, including name, phone number and
email. This may be included in applicant’s cover letter or optional
Elmhurst University is a leading institution of higher education
that seamlessly blends liberal learning and professional
preparation to help students reach their full potential. Elmhurst
University offers more than 70 undergraduate majors, 15 graduate
programs, degree-completion programs for busy adults, and the
acclaimed Elmhurst Learning and Success Academy for young adults
with developmental disabilities. Elmhurst University is one of the
Top 10 Colleges in the Midwest, according to U.S. News & World
Report; and U.S. News, Money and Forbes magazines consistently rank
Elmhurst as one of the Midwest’s best values in higher
Recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce is a critical
component of the University’s mission, vision and core values. Our
commitment stems from the belief that an institution of higher
learning is enriched by the presence of diversity. Elmhurst
University is an EO Employer. Elmhurst University prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal
employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard
to race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation,
religion, age, creed, ancestry, veteran status, marital status,
disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Direct Link to this Posting