VCUarts Accompanist Adjunct - Department of Music
Virginia Commonwealth University School of the Arts (VCUarts)
Department of Music is looking to hire trained accompanists. The
accompanist will assist with Voice masterclass and has the
potential to assist with vocal lessons. Voice masterclass meets
from 12:30-1:20 on Thursdays.
Expected time commitment per semester is between 10-15 hours.
For more information about the Department of Music please visit
Adjunct faculty are expected to be thoughtful and proactive members
of the Music community and have a desire to work with a diverse
student population in a collaborative, inclusive and
- Provide collaborative piano support during private studio
lessons, studio classes, and various recital performances.
Willingness to participate in end-of-semester juries as
- Ability to participate in performance auditions for prospective
music majors and assist with recruitment efforts as needed.
- Appropriate teaching experience and/or strong oral presentation
and communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse
faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a
faculty member at VCU.
- Master’s degree in collaborative piano or piano
- Experience accompanying applied lessons from beginner to
Application materials should include the following:
• Current CV
• List of three current references including names, addresses,
phone numbers, and email addresses (references will not be
contacted prior to applicant’s approval).
Virginia Commonwealth University is committed to providing
accessible and equitable living, learning and working environments
free from discrimination and harassment based on race, color,
religion, national or ethnic origin, age, sex (including
pregnancy), political affiliation, veteran status, genetic
information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression
Salary Range: Commensurate with Experience
Employment Type: AJ - Adjunct
Restricted Status: No
Exemption Status: Exempt