Welcome to Career Opportunities at Lindenwood University.
PLEASE READ: For all applications, please include your resume
and cover letter. You may skip the “Quick Apply” page
by simply clicking “Next” at the bottom of the page. When
you arrive at the “Experience” page, you may upload all
desired documents using the upload box labeled “Resume/CV.”
This is the appropriate box to upload all documents.
Benefits of Being a Lindenwood Employee:
JOB TITLE SUMMARY
- Upon hire, employer-paid tuition benefits for bachelor’s
(employee, spouse, and dependent) and master’s degree programs
(employee and spouse only).
- Tuition discounts for doctoral programs (employee only).
- Comprehensive benefits plan: medical, dental, vision, life
insurance, disability insurance, and retirement options.
- Paid holidays: MLK Jr. day, Good Friday, Memorial Day,
Juneteenth, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving break
(Wednesday – Friday), and winter break (Dec. 23 – Jan. 1).
- Free lunch Fridays: LU employees are eligible for a free meal
on Fridays at the Evans Commons Dining Hall or Spellman Dining
Hall; Chick-fil-A and Qdoba included.
- Professional development opportunities through the Lindenwood Learning Academy .
Specialist, HR Employment and Selection I
Director, Human Resources Employment and
The specialist I for HR employment and selection is responsible for
supporting the University’s selection and recruitment processes.
This position leads hiring managers through the position
requisition process and provides consultation on hiring profiles,
selection, and employment policies and procedures.
Essential Job Functions and Performance Indicators
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation
of the types of duties and level of responsibility that will be
required of positions given this title. This job description shall
not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific
duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees
may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those
specifically presented in this description.
Job Responsibilities and Execution
- Assists hiring managers in developing detailed and accurate job
- Screens applications and selects qualified candidates
- Monitors job postings for activity making adjustments as
- Guides hiring managers through each step of the recruiting and
selection process; oversees the selection criteria, preparation of
interview questions, and interview process
- Implements selection and employment processes and procedures in
accordance to industry best practices and compliance standards
- Supports the recruitment, screening, and referral of
- Researches appropriate recruiting sources; coordinates the
placement of all paid advertisements with the Specialist II
- Conducts one-on-one consultations to develop hiring manager
selection and recruitment competencies
- Continually champions Employee Referral Bonus program to
include proactive identification of talent matching
Communication, Teamwork and Collaboration
- Supports the mission of the university and serves as an
ambassador of the Q2 culture of service excellence
- Models, supports and holds others accountable to the
university’s values – integrity, dedication, excellence, creativity
- Guides hiring managers on asking appropriate and compliant
interview questions and ensures integrity is maintained during the
entire interview process
Job may require other duties as assigned.
- Stays informed about industry trends and compliance regulations
making recommendations to the team
- Provides coaching and guidance to hiring managers and
- Collaborates with HR team to ensure a smooth transition for all
new hires from recruiting through to onboarding
– An equivalent combination of
education, training and experience will be considered. Additional
requirements may be designated by position.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 3 years human resources experience
- Certification from Society for Human Resource Management
Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or Human Resources Certificate
- Experience with Workday preferred
– May be representative, but
not all inclusive, of the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary
to perform this job competently.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from
diverse communities and cultures
- Knowledge of human resources practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent analytical skills to facilitate understanding and
application of research and statistics in report writing and
- Organizational skills to facilitate effective management of
records and data
- Excellent time management skills and ability to meet
- Ability to use good judgment and think critically
- Ability to use general office hardware and computer software
applications, including Workday
- Ability to preserve confidentiality and exercise
– Environmental or atmospheric conditions
commonly associated with the performance of this job’s
- General office setting
- Standard flex once training has been completed
– The physical demands described below
are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform this job’s essential functions. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform essential functions.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Ability to work effectively at a computer for up to eight hours
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Regular attendance is a necessary and essential function
Lindenwood University is an Equal Opportunity employer. The
University complies with appropriate federal, state, and local laws
and provides equal employment opportunities and access to
educational programs without regard to race, color, religion,
gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
veteran status, disability, or any other protected status to all
qualified applicants and employees. Lindenwood University is
committed to a policy of non-discrimination and dedicated to
providing a positive discrimination-free educational work