S & H (1161)
Husson’s College of Science and Humanities is seeking to compile
a pool of qualified candidates interested in future part-time
teaching opportunities in biology. Such opportunities are dependent
upon the needs of the University. Assignments may require teaching
day or evening classes as needed.
The College of Science and Humanities is seeking adjunct faculty to
teach the following courses:
General Biology I (Cell and Molecular)
Note: This position is for face-to-face instruction; instructors
are expected to be on campus.
Examples of Duties
- Teaching courses fall and spring semesters in biology (General
Biology I or Cell Biology) in a classroom setting
- Assisting and supporting students beyond the classroom by
holding regular or virtual office hours as needed
- Working collegially with other faculty in the area to develop
and use common syllabi, course materials, and assessment
- Using instructional technology, especially the Canvas LMS,
Husson G-Suite applications, the efaculty portal, and
- Assessing and reporting student performance
Education: An earned Master’s Degree in biology or a related
field is required; Ph.D. preferred.
Experience: Successful teaching experience at the college level
preferred. Demonstrated dedication to improving classroom teaching,
exploring new methods, and adapting to student needs. Demonstrated
ability to work well as a part of a team.
1 College Circle Bangor, Maine, 04401 Bangor, ME,