The Department of Computer Science at Simpson College is accepting applications for a tenure-track position in Computer Science starting in August 2024. The Department of Computer Science supports four academic programs in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, and Interactive Media.
Simpson College encourages innovative teaching and seeks colleagues who will help itsstudents of all ages develop critical intellectual skills, nurture values which foster personal worth, and individuality for the purpose of living lives of leadership within a creative, diverse and just community. Successful applicants must demonstrate a commitment to cultural diversity and inclusive teaching practices that will contribute to a campus climate that supports equity and diversity.
The selected candidate will:
- Teach a 24-credit hour (six courses) load per year. Courses will be selected from the department’s offerings consistent with the candidate’s experience and interest. The courses include but are not limited to Introduction to Programming, Introduction to Web Development, Advanced Web Development, Information Assurance, cybersecurity-related topics, and other computer science topics of interest such as 3D Graphics and Game Design.
- Contribute to student success and graduation.
- Help with recruitment of prospective students.
- Leverage partnerships with other faculty (both at Simpson and other institutions) as well as in industry.
- Advise students on class selection, internship, and job opportunities.
- Help prepare interested students for participation in programming contests.
- Conduct scholarly work in the form of research and/or service to the profession.
- Collaborate with colleagues in curriculum design, instruction, and annual assessments.
- May be expected to develop and deliver face-to-face, hybrid, and online instruction supporting the college’s Continuing, Graduate, and Online Education program.
- Be strongly committed to supporting an inclusive and equitable environment for teaching, research, and service to students and the institution.