Assistant Director of Admissions Outreach
The Office of Admissions at the University of Tennessee at Martin is accepting applications for an Assistant Director of Admissions. The Office of Admissions is a high-impact, high-energy, forward-thinking department that simultaneously handles multiple, on-going projects. This position will require frequent interaction with: current and potential students and families, high schools, supervisees, colleagues within enrollment services, and faculty/staff from across UTM’s campus. This position will require occasional night and weekend hours.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Assist, plan, oversee, and execute strategic recruitment activities that enhance the recruitment, admissions, and enrollment of qualified students;
• Supervise, train, and evaluate admissions counselors (8 full-time positions)
• Coordinate admissions outreach efforts, including providing oversight for admissions counselor travel plans.
• Plan, manage, and coordinate events targeted toward new and prospective students and their families, including goal setting, monitoring, event planning, budgeting and management and communication.
• Plan, coordinate, and execute all recruitment and orientation events, including but not limited to SOAR, Preview Days, and Admitted Student Events which will have far-reaching effects through our unit and across the campus and community to prospective students and families.
• Supervise, train and evaluate student orientation leaders;
• Provide recruitment assistance to departmental campus activities, camps, and other academic programs.
• Serve on committees, work on special projects, and undertake special assignments promoting the Office of Admissions, Enrollment Services, and UT Martin.
• Positively present the University to a variety of constituent groups to enhance both the recruitment of students and the image of the University.
• Positively represent the University to the City of Martin and surrounding communities.
• Oversee Parent Programs Communications, including a weekly newsletter.
• Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate should have experience with and passion for personally investing in the success of college students, and the expectation of contributing to our team immediately. The successful candidate should possess a sincere desire to serve our students, UT Martin, and the surrounding community. The successful candidate should demonstrate flexibility and energy, and be able to think quickly on his/her feet. The successful candidate should be committed to professional development.
The minimum qualifications are:
• Bachelor’s degree in business, education, higher education, or related field and six years of relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. Master’s degree preferred.
• Strong listening, written, and oral communication skills;
• Elevated sense of personal initiative and accountability;
• A record of excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills that allow for frequent and comfortable conversations with students, families, administrators, staff, and faculty;
• Organizational/event management skills and the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
The desired qualifications are:
• Experience with admissions recruiting;
• Experience with Banner and/or Slate CRM communications and reporting;
• Record of professional development.
This position will report to the Director of Admissions. In-person and e-mail contact is expected on a regular and frequent basis. Written reports may be expected concerning specific situations. This position is expected to hold regular office hours and check e-mail frequently.
Application Process: Qualified applicants must apply online and attach a cover letter and resume.
Application Deadline: Applicant review will begin immediately and will continue until a candidate has been identified.
Minimum hiring rate $59,599.75 (Market Range 11) - Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
To view Annual Security & Fire Report - https://www.utm.edu/offices-and-services/public-safety/_media/2022UTMASFSRofficial.pdf
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment and admission without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, and parental status. ln accordance with the requirements of Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the University of Tennessee at Martin affirmatively states that it does not discriminate based on race, sex, or disability in its education programs and activities, and this policy extends to employment by the university. Inquiries and charges of violation of Title VI (race, color, and national origin), Title IX (sex), Section 504 (disability), the ADA (disability), the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (age), sexual orientation, or veteran status should be directed to the Office of Equity and Diversity, 544 University Street, #303, Martin, TN 38238, telephone 73 l-881-3505. Requests for accommodation of a disability should be directed to the ADA Coordinator at the Office of Equity and Diversity.
Job Student Services
Primary Location US-Tennessee-Martin
Organization Admissions Office