Assistant Women's Basketball Coach
Director of Athletics
The Assistant Women's Basketball Coach is responsible for teaching
and coaching student-athletes in order to develop and acquire the
extensive tactical, technical and physical knowledge required to be
a competitive Division III intercollegiate level student-athlete.
Assist the head coach in skill evaluation, instruction, planning,
organization and supervision of individual and team practices and
intercollegiate athletic competitions.
- Bachelors Degree, required
- T his position requires a valid driver's license, good driving
record and must be insurable by the College's insurance
- Must have served as a high school and/or college basketball
- Must communicate effectively with all types of people, and
establish and maintain a strong working relationship with students,
parents, alumni, faculty, staff and other college personnel.
- Must have the ability to work responsibly with minimal
- Must have knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
- Conduct individual workouts with players to instruct and coach
players outside of regular practice on techniques and skills.
- Assist Head Coach in developing teams which are competitive
within the conference, region and nationally by maximizing the
- Promote teamwork while supporting the educational goals of
- Utilize a coaching philosophy which encourages an environment
conducive to academics and teamwork.
- Assist with recruitment.
- Build and develop relationships by maintaining correspondence
through phone, email, and in-person visits.
- Assist Head Coach in the evaluation and comparison of athletic
talent for prospective student-athletes based on potential growth
- Assist with equipment, apparel, and facility maintenance as
directed by Head Coach.
- Assist with administrative functions such as coordination of
team travel. Complete all credit card reconciliations, email
correspondence, returning of phone calls in a timely manner, and
meeting deadlines as directed.
- Ensure compliance with all rules and guidelines set forth by
the NCAA Division III , Rhodes College, SAA (Southern Athletic
Conference), and Rhodes College Athletics. Partner with compliance
office. All athletic staff should score a minimum score of 75 on
the NCAA Rules Test.
- Regular attendance is an essential function to perform the
duties of this position.
- Other duties may be required and assigned as needed.
A complete application includes a cover letter and a
- Athletics - Medium Work: Exerting up to 40 pounds of force
occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move
- Position involves both inside sedentary work and work on
different fields and on other fitness environments while coaching
and training situations with student-athletes.
- Lifting required (i.e., set-up of scorers' table, etc.), some
manual labor is expected.
- Evening and weekend hours in all types of weather, with travel
Rhodes offers an excellent benefits package and a great working
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the