About Oakton College :
For over 50 years, Oakton College has been the setting where
thousands begin or continue their college or career studies.
Educating people of all ages, from all walks of life and from more
than 40 nations, Oakton focuses on improving the quality of life
for everyone who enters its doors.
Basic Function and Responsibility:
Under general supervision, assist in the maintenance of student
information systems that support the Student Affairs Division and
other departments. Use the student information system to ensure
student record compliance in areas including student demographic
data, tuition rates, grades, course pre-requisites, and standards
of academic progress; and support timely student communication.
Assist in the development of new processes, upgrade testing,
documentation, and training materials.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Investigate and process corrections for duplicate student
records in cooperation with the Information Technology
- Produce and process student correspondence such as changes in
Standards of Academic Progress (SOAP) standing, class drops for
unfulfilled pre-requisites, non-payment of semester tuition and
fees, diplomas, and graduation.
- Review and process student course drops for unfulfilled
pre-requisites and SOAP suspension and dismissal
- Serve as a backup for, and assist in, the production of
academic transcripts, posting of non-attendance indicators, midterm
grades and final grades.
- Serve as a backup for, and assist with, the final semester
grade processing including the creation, maintenance and
application of SOAP. Lead the posting of semester academic honors
to the student record.
- Initiate and maintain, as directed, student information system
data processing requests including research and testing of new or
modified system services.
- Assist in the creation and conduct in-service training programs
on the student information system to college personnel having
access to the student records system.
- Assist in the creation and maintain documentation of software
programs including effects of data changes.
- As directed, represent and communicate between end users and
the IT department. Assist with identifying the information needs of
users; and testing and troubleshooting of software implementations,
upgrades, and patches. Assist with the creation of reports to meet
end users needs.
- Comply with the Family Educational Right and Privacy Act
(FERPA) and College technology policies and processes.
- Participate in Enrollment Center cross training activities to
develop knowledge in other functional student affairs areas in
order to provide integrated and comprehensive information to
students, staff, and community. Provide excellent customer
- As directed, provide Registrar Services in the Enrollment
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Working Conditions:
- Associate's degree or an equivalent combination of education
and experience from which comparable skills and abilities can be
obtained is required.
- Two years of work experience required. Preferred prior
experience includes familiarity with college enrollment, student
records, or student information systems.
- The ability to write queries, and merge data from two or more
databases. Preferred experience includes database
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- An advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
preferred with the ability to learn.
- Experience with the development training materials is
- Mobility to move from building to building on-Campus and to
visit off-Campus entities. Work is performed in a general office
environment and is generally sedentary in nature. Little or no
exposure to adverse working conditions.
Functional supervision is received from the Coordinator for
Registrar Technology. Administrative supervision is received from
the Registrar/Director of Registrar Services.
Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 1:00 pm
Based on the needs of the college and with Administrator approval,
some positions at the college may have hybrid schedule options
available after 30 working days.
For further details, visit our website at www.oakton.edu and select
the Employment link to view Employment Opportunities.
Please be sure to have a current resume, cover letter, and list of,
at least, three (3) professional references with contact
information prepared to submit with your application.
Oakton College is an equal opportunity, affirmative action
institution, committed to employing competent, qualified
individuals. Oakton College does not discriminate on the basis of
race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, age,
marital status, military status, socioeconomic status, sex or
gender, gender identity, or sexual orientation in admission to and
participation in its educational programs, college activities and
services, or in its employment practices.
Posted positions may be removed from the Oakton website without
notice when it is determined that no additional applicants are
Oakton is accessible by public transportation