Director of Housing and Residence Life
Full Time/Part Time:
Administrator - Housing & Residence
Seton Hall University seeks a dynamic, forward-thinking
professional to lead the department of Housing and Residence Life.
The Director of Residence Life will join the University at a time
of growth and opportunity. As a result, the Director will be in an
ideal position to develop the strategic vision for a diverse 2000+
student housing community. The Director oversees a team of 11
full-time dedicated and enthusiastic young professionals, aided by
50+ paraprofessionals. The Director serves in a highly visible role
on campus, working in a cooperative capacity with many campus
partners. The ideal candidate for this role is an experienced
college housing professional who enjoys a collaborative environment
and is seeking to build a robust and engaging residence community
Duties and Responsibilities:
Strategic Planning and Budget
- In collaboration with the Associate Dean of Students,
responsible for the development and Implementation of the
Department Strategic Plan.
- Works with Assistant Director to develop the revenue projection
plan for the department.
- Responsible for operating budget for department
- Manage vendor contracts associated with department.
Hiring, Supervision, Staff Development
- Responsible for recruitment, hiring and direct supervision of
the Central Office staff.
- Provide support and professional development for professional
*Oversee development of residential curriculum to assure vibrant,
*Develop policies and protocols to enhance student residential
*Develop 360 assessment program for continuous improvement of all
aspects of student experience.
- Responsible for both capital project dollars and departmentally
funded facilities projects in the residence halls which includes
the preparation and oversight of maintenance budgets and
renovations projects, process of purchasing housing equipment (i.e.
room & lounge furniture, mattresses, carpet, window coverings),
including contact with vendors, and working with Seton Hall
- Coordinate with staff to verify/maintain the University housing
furniture and equipment inventory.
- Develop and implement annual replacement schedule for
furniture, mattresses, carpet, etc.
- Collaborate with Facilities Engineering in planning long-range
renovation and repair schedule.
- Serve as superuser for Maxient database.
- Serve as hearing officer for university violations and as
appeal officer for HRL cases.
- Serve as a member of various divisional and University
- Participate in recruitment events as needed.
- Member of the on-call rotation of the department leadership
Master's Degree in Higher Education/Student Personnel or related
5-8 yrs progressive experience in Higher Education/Residence
Previous experience in supervising full-time staff, budget
management, student conduct and live-in residence experience
AD180 - Administrative
General Office Environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Seton Hall University is committed to programs of Equal
Employment Opportunity (EEO) and the principles of affirmative
Advertised: 04 Sep 2023
To apply, visit https://jobs.shu.edu/cw/en-us/job/495931/director-of-housing-and-residence-life