On- call position; Monday - Friday within 7am - 4pm, optional
Saturday. Part time, not to exceed 999 hours annually.
Provides high quality, customer oriented mail services by sorting,
forwarding, and distributing mail in the Academy mailroom and
throughout the campus. This position also acts as a liaison between
the Academy and the U.S. Post Office.
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Sorting, screening, and routing all incoming, outgoing, and
- Receiving, documenting, and distributing express mail and
packages to students, faculty, and office personnel.
- Operating machines, including Fax, Postage Meter, Notifii Track
Management system, and folding machine.
- Processing and controlling the sale of postage to the Academy
community, including cash and charge transactions and maintaining
- Providing customer service at the mailroom window including
sales, distributing packages and answering inquiries.
- Readdressing undeliverable mail bearing insufficient or
incorrect addresses, forwarding undeliverable to U.S. Post
- Keep the mailroom delivery vehicle neat and orderly in
appearance at all times and keep maintenance records as
- Operating the academy mail van including pick up and return of
vehicle to Academy garage.
- Deliver and pick-up on a scheduled courier route as
- Assembling mail at the Academy Mailroom for distribution on the
mail route, which includes: picking up and delivering mail packages
to central locations in designated Academy buildings, hand
delivering special mail to offices as directed, and obtaining
signatures on receipts for delivery of specified types of
- Performing duties in Academy Mailroom such as bagging mail,
batching, moving heavy cartons, and loading/unloading trucks.
- Maintains the integrity of online inventory management system
by updating inventory ordering levels and completing material
receipts and issuances. Receives and unloads all incoming orders,
checks for inappropriate handling of goods, and authorizes Bill of
- Verifies stock items against purchase orders and places into
appropriate inventory location.
- Notifies Academy departments of receipt of all non-stock items,
arranges and delivers items.
- Stores all inventory items in proper locations and maintains a
clean and orderly warehouse, corridor, and loading dock.
- Communicates receipt of packages to recipients and completes
work order(s) for delivery(s).
- Respect for diversity of identities and experiences, an
orientation toward equity and inclusion, and cultural competency in
all aspects of Academy life.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to develop and
maintain collegial relationships.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with students by building trust
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills as well as a
strong customer focus.
- A strict adherence to confidential policies is required.
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple priorities
and deadlines simultaneously.
- Proficient in MS Office, and ability to work with internal
- Willingness and ability to learn additional applications as
- High degree of organizational skills with the ability to be
flexible and multi-task with accuracy.
- Ability to follow verbal and written directions, maintain a
professional demeanor and restraint at all times, including
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- Some college experience is helpful.
- Must be over 21 years old
- Previous experience in a mailroom preferred but not
- Knowledge of accounting practices and computer software is
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record are
- Experience working with adolescents in an educational setting
- Must be able to remain on their feet for extended periods of
time, go up and down flights of steps, as well as stoop, kneel,
crouch, and lift.
- Ability to lift and transport up to 50lbs without
- Successfully complete a criminal background check (reviewed
every 5 years).
- Clean Driving record (reviewed annually).
- *Essential personnel are required to report to or remain at
work if instructed directly by designated personnel during
emergency events or inclement weather.