Project Manager, Penn Resilience Programs
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in
Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research,
and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks
among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World
Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide
opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education,
all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to
scholarship and learning. As an employer Penn has been ranked
nationally on many occasions with the most recent award from Forbes
who named Penn one of America's Best Large Employers in 2023.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of
Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban
campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and
recreational activities. With its historical significance and
landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of
atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for
work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes
excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their
families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of
professional development opportunities, supportive work and family
benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources,
and much more.
Posted Job Title
Project Manager, Penn Resilience Programs
Job Profile Title
Research Coordinator Senior
Job Description Summary
As Project Manager, you will oversee the planning and delivery of
our resilience programs for various clients. You will be a key
person to manage logistics, interface with clients, and coordinate
curriculum development and production of training program
materials. You will be involved in all phases of the process from
planning to implementation to follow up, working both independently
and collaboratively. Additionally, you will help develop processes
and systems to improve efficiency and effectiveness in the
management of the programs. This position reports to both the
Director of Training Programs and Executive Director.
Our mission at the University of Pennsylvania's Positive Psychology
Center is to enable people to lead more productive, satisfying, and
meaningful lives by delivering state-of-the-art, evidence-based
positive psychology and resilience training programs to a variety
of organizations. About 1 million people around the world have
attended our programs, which have demonstrated benefits to mental
health and well-being.
We are a highly collaborative team of can-do and high-energy people
who are dedicated to disseminating these life-changing programs to
educators, health care professionals, law enforcement, the
military, corporate employees, professional sports teams, and
We are looking for a like-minded, team-oriented person to join us
and play a central role in our programs. This is an excellent
opportunity for someone who is eager to make a difference, learn
new skills, and take on responsibilities in a fast-paced,
To learn more about our work: http://www.pennresilienceprogram.org/
* Take the lead in planning and organizing programs, under the
guidance of subject matter experts.
* Liaise with clients, program trainers, and vendors (e.g.,
shipping, hotels, printing services, etc.).
* Communicate with project management team to ensure progress on
deliverables meets the team's, client's, and cross-clients'
* Organize and summarize client information collected via client
discussions, online surveys, and client research.
* Revise and manage distribution of training program
* Coordinate on-site and virtual program logistics with training
team, client, participants, and training venue staff, such as
travel arrangements, room setup, and technology requirements.
* Attend and manage all on-site and virtual training programs and
logistics, typically 1-5 days in length. Travel required for
* Manage post-program follow up, including analysis and reporting
of participant satisfaction surveys, process trainer compensation
and travel expense reimbursements, and track expenses.
* Manage curriculum development, customization, and updates with
Penn subject matter experts and the client.
* Update program materials including PowerPoint presentations,
participant handouts, and training schedules.
* Coordinate with team to ensure content changes are incorporated
into future programs.
* Develop a deep understanding of the scientific literature and
craft summary reports to inform the curriculum development
* Assist with new business development as needed, which can include
presentation support, client research, client proposals, expense
research for budget development, and other tasks.
* Perform additional duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree and 2-3 years of experience, or equivalent
combination of education and experience, is required. A background
in psychology is preferred.
* 2 to 3 years of relevant professional experience, e.g. project
management, program management, or other fields is required.
* A resume and cover letter are required.
* Excellent organizing abilities, with a strong attention to detail
* Proven ability to plan, manage, and prioritize multiple projects
simultaneously in a fast-paced environment and meet
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Experience writing and editing client-facing material, checking
content for proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation, as well as
consistency of visual elements, and attaining high quality written
* Excellent interpersonal skills.
* Proven ability to thrive under time pressure and workload.
* Strong competence in MS Office, particularly MS PowerPoint.
* Strong sense of mission and interest in positive
* High standard of professionalism, excellence, and
* Creative and flexible thinker who is able to contribute ideas and
constructive feedback in real-time.
* Proven ability to work as a collaborative member of a team that
includes dual and remote leadership, remote teammates, and
* Proven ability to work with a wide range of stakeholders
including client leadership, vendors, and colleagues across the
* Energized by a fast-paced work environment where mid-course
corrections happen quickly and frequently.
* Energized by creative work environment with a consistent focus on
improvement of both process and materials.
* Ability to work nights and weekends, as needed.
* Ability to travel as needed for program delivery, typically 1-5
days in length.
Preferred but not required:
* Prior experience in a client-facing role
* Prior experience with Adobe design software
* Prior experience with online survey software
Job Location - City, State
Department / School
School of Arts and Sciences
$43,919.00 - $61,000.00 Annual Rate
Salary offers are made based on the candidate's qualifications,
experience, skills, and education as they directly relate to the
requirements of the position, as well as internal and market
factors and grade profile.
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis
of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion,
creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age,
disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made.
Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the
requirements of the job.
- Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn
offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health,
dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your
family's health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending
accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care
expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Tuition: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition
benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get
tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also
eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
- Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to
help you save for your future. Penn's Basic, Matching, and
Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a
pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment
options through TIAA and Vanguard.
- Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a
substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the
year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal
affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with
family—whatever your personal needs may be.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth
Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family
members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the
costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community
or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you're newly hired, you
won't have to provide proof of good health or be subject to
underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always
provide proof of good health and are subject to
- Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to
supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing
demands of work and personal life. That's why we offer a wide
variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health,
your family, and your work-life balance.
- Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an
array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and
- University Resources: As a member of the Penn community,
you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as
cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the
University's libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our
arboretum and art galleries. There's always something going on at
Penn, whether it's a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest
music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn
Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member
of the Penn community, you're right in the middle of the
excitement—and you and your family can enjoy many of these
activities for free.
- Discounts and Special Services: From arts and
entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great
deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and
cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission
and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy
substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars
from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie
tickets, and admission to theme parks.
- Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer
creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance
between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use
of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job
- Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable
loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or
currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for
closing costs or home improvements.
- Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible
employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal
adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up
to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/3600-Market-Street/Project-Manager--Penn-Resilience-Programs_JR00073660