Gannon University, a Catholic university, seeks part-time and
full-time custodians to join our team. We have multiple shifts
This position performs routine cleaning and housekeeping tasks in
the upkeep of campus buildings or areas of assignment. Must be able
to support and promote the University's Mission.
1. Empties trash containers and removes trash to disposal
2. Cleans and dusts furniture, fixtures, shelving, cabinets, door
and window trim, and related furnishings; waxes furniture.
3. Sweeps, mops, and waxes floors; vacuums and shampoos rugs, and
4. Washes and/or cleans pictures as well as windows and door
5. Cleans restrooms/bathrooms; disinfects fixtures; replaces
6. Reports items that require repair and maintains stock of
7. Aids in moving furniture, supplies, and equipment between
departments and throughout the campus.
8. May participate in setting up, arranging, and taking down
furniture for special events.
10. May sweep or shovel snow from building entrances.
11. When assigned to priest housing: washes and dries dishes;
cleans refrigerators, stoves, and kitchen areas; makes and changes
bed linens; removes soiled laundry to the laundry facility; returns
and puts away clean laundry.
12. Performs other duties as assigned within the scope,
responsibility, and requirements of the job.
We offer flexible work hours for eligible positions and a generous
benefits package for full-time employees.
- Retirement Plan (403b) with 7.5% company match after one year
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Paid vacation time plus 18 paid holidays
- Wellness programs
- Tuition benefit for yourself and eligible dependents
- Professional Development
- Free gym Access
Gannon University seeks excellence through inclusiveness and
invites women and members of underrepresented groups to apply.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and this position
will remain open until filled. Gannon University is an Equal
Education: A high school diploma/GED.
Experience: One-to-two years of related experience
Skills: Must have the ability to: follow verbal and written
instructions; communicate and exchange routine information with
coworkers, supervisors, or other personnel; read and comprehend
work orders, right-to-know notices and product instructions;
evaluate work conditions and operate cleaning equipment. Must have
valid PA drivers license.
Knowledge of cleaning solutions and practices is preferred.
Physical Plant, Custodial
Finance and Campus Operations
To apply, visit https://gannon.peopleadmin.com/postings/11032