- TITLE: Media and Communications Assistant – Live Event
DEPARTMENT: College of Agriculture, Community, and the
REPORTS TO: Land Grant Program Media and Communications
EFFECTIVE DATE: Position will remain open until filled
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Full-time
EMPLOYMENT CLASSIFICATION: Non-Exempt
Internal Candidates are Encouraged to Apply
Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in
the United States. At this time, Kentucky State University is
unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment
PRINCIPAL PURPOSE OF JOB: Reporting to the Land Grant
Program Media and Communications Manager on the Kentucky State
University Campus, the Media and Communications Assistant – Live
Event Production will be responsible for assisting the Land Grant
Program Media and Communications Department with efforts to promote
the work of the Land Grant Program and Kentucky State University,
primarily through event production, coverage and
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY: The Media and Communications
Assistant – Live Event Production will support existing Land Grant
Program Media and Communication efforts with an emphasis on event
production. The Land Grant Program Media and Communications’ team’s
goals include: 1) highlighting and promoting the work of the Land
Grant Program, Cooperative Extension Program, and College of
Agriculture, Community, and the Sciences; 2) producing content such
as narrative videos, AgKnowledge magazine, press releases, and
photographs; and 3) offering technical support and planning for
programming and events. The Media and Communications Assistant –
Live Event Production will address these goals by coordinating live
events and collaborating with the rest of the team on other
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: (ex: duties that are essential to
performing the job with or without accommodation)
OTHER DUTIES: ( ex: tasks that may be
necessary, but are not the main reason(s) the job was
- Assists media and communications department with efforts to
promote the work of the Land Grant Program and Kentucky State
University, primarily through event production, coverage and
- Configures, operates and maintains the video, audio and
lighting equipment used to conduct live events.
- Connects video and audio feeds to online platforms for
livestreaming (i.e., YouTube, Zoom, Facebook).
- Records video and audio feeds for later editing and
- Maintains digital workflows and archives, in collaboration with
other members of the media and communications team.
- Builds and breaks down video and audio equipment, including
transporting equipment to non-campus events.
- Troubleshoots to diagnose and resolve problems both before and
during events (i.e., repair or replace parts, debugging)
- Researches new hardware and software to develop best practices
for live events.
- Assists the video production department with projects.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The position will conduct other duties as needed.
A Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture
Communications, Communications, Journalism, or related field.
LICENSING AND CERTIFICATIONS: None required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of soundboard mixers, video switchers (i.e., ATEM),
microphones, and other equipment
- Ability to appropriately match resources to technical
- Ability to use a personal computer and a variety of related
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment.
- Ability to take initiative and be resourceful and
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to adhere to deadlines.
- Valid driver’s license is required.
- Experience with A/V.
- Experience with video production equipment.
- Experience in event planning and/or set-up is preferred.
KENTUCKY STATE UNIVERSITY is an Equal Opportunity
The functions, qualifications, knowledge/skills, and physical
requirements listed in this job description represent the essential
duties of the job, which the incumbent must be able to perform
either with or without reasonable accommodation. The Job Functions
listed do not necessarily include all activities that the
individual may perform.
- Work is normally performed in either a typical interior/office
work environment or in a farm-related setting.
- Must be able to work outdoors in a wide range of weather
conditions, including heat or rain.
- Ability to lift 15lbs required.
- This position requires some night meetings, weekend work, and
attendance at out-of-county meetings.
- A valid driver’s license and a personal vehicle for official
duty travel are required. Mileage will be reimbursed at a rate
established by the University.