Assistant Director of Recruitment and Admissions - School of Information Sciences
School of Information Sciences (iSchool)
University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
In collaboration with the Director of Recruitment and Admissions, develop and implement innovative programs and processes to broaden recruitment efforts and attract a diverse and talented applicant pool across all iSchool programs. Evaluate the impact of recruitment efforts and offer feedback for improvement. Create a high-touch, responsive, and dynamic experience for prospects, applicants, and admitted candidates.
Duties & Responsibilities
Recruitment and Yield 65%
- Serve as a point of contact and resource for all iSchool programs.
- Assist in the design and implementation of recruitment and yield strategies with a focus on growing the pipeline of qualified candidates seeking high-quality education.
- Plan, conduct, and/or present at recruiting and admissions events both in-person and virtually promoting iSchool programs.
- Identifies, investigates, and troubleshoots barriers to the application process. In conjunction with leadership, develops proposals for new initiatives to help reduce or eliminate such barriers.
- Collaborate with iSchool leadership to advance Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility efforts. Create and implement innovative programming to diversify student enrollment across all iSchool programs.
- Assist with implementation of admissions and recruitment marketing plans, including, but not limited to, social media, websites, blogs, webinars, and email and calling campaigns.
- Monitor yield issues and create strategies and tactics to maximize yield.
- Support nurturing of prospects to apply and eventually enroll if admitted.
- Counsel and advise prospects as they move through the admissions process including consulting them on program fit, answering questions about the admissions process, alleviating concerns, assisting with application submission. Travel and work nonstandard hours (nights/weekends) as required.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of iSchool and University of Illinois processes.
- Review admissions applications; apply discretion and independent judgement in evaluating and comparing applications; and make admissions decisions based on iSchool enrollment goals.
- Manage a heavy application load and identify top applicants for recruitment scholarships.
- Monitor trends and challenges in application processes that will help enhance future admissions cycles.
- Identify, hire, train, and supervise iSchool student ambassadors to assist with recruitment and yield efforts.
- Meet with ambassadors on regular basis to manage outreach with prospective learners.
- Although expected to work independently and apply independent judgment to accomplish objectives, the individual in this position is expected also to serve as a team member and perform additional appropriate duties, including committee service, that will further the mission of the Recruitment and Admissions team and the iSchool.
- Standing : Rarely
- Walking : Rarely
- Stairs : Rarely
- Sitting : Rarely
- Lifting/Carrying : Rarely
- Pushing/Pulling : Rarely
- Bending/Stooping : Rarely
- Kneeling : Rarely
- Squatting/Crouching : Rarely
- Reaching : Rarely
- Twisting : Rarely
- Talking : Frequently
- Hearing : Frequently
- Repetitive Motions : Rarely
- Eye/Hand/Foot Coordination : Rarely
- Visual Acuity : Rarely
Additional Physical Demands
Work is performed in a normal office environment.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of two years of experience related to student recruitment, admissions counseling, or similar activities.
- Master’s degree.
- Experience in admissions and recruiting at a higher education institution.
- Knowledge of common admissions applications such as Slate, Grad Apps, MyIllini.
- Ability to interact effectively as a team member and work collaboratively with a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Ability to adapt to changing assignments and manage multiple priorities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proven ability to engage successfully with prospective students, parents, and other stakeholders.
- Excellent presentation, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- High level of attention to detail, ability to work independently or in a team environment, and function professionally under pressure. Maintain a high level of self-motivation while providing top-level customer service.
- Proficiency using video-based web conferencing technology, Microsoft Office suite, and ability to learn new software/applications as required by the job.
This is a 100% full-time Academic Professional position, appointed on a 12-month basis. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Application Procedures & Deadline Information
Applications must be received by 6:00 pm (CST) on August 28th, 2023. Apply for this position using the Apply Now button at the top or bottom of this posting. Applications not submitted through jobs.illinois.edu will not be considered. Please upload your cover letter, resume (months and years of employment must be included), official transcript for all degrees obtained, and names/contact information for three professional references. For further information about this specific position, please contact Katrina Hagler, email@example.com. For questions regarding the application process, please contact 217-333-2137.
The University of Illinois System is an equal opportunity employer, including but not limited to disability and/or veteran status, and complies with all applicable state and federal employment mandates. Please visit Required Employment Notices and Posters to view our non-discrimination statement and find additional information about required background checks, sexual harassment/misconduct disclosures, COVID-19 vaccination requirement, and employment eligibility review through E-Verify.
Applicants with disabilities are encouraged to apply and may request a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (2008) to complete the application and/or interview process. Requests may be submitted through the reasonable accommodations portal, or by contacting the Accessibility & Accommodations Division of the Office for Access and Equity at 217-333-0885, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requisition ID: 1018229
Job Category: Education & Student Services
Apply at: jobs.illinois.edu