Part-Time Kids at College Instructor
$15.00 - $25.00 Hourly
Main Campus - Baytown, TX
Provost/Academic & Student Affairs
This position is responsible for teaching Kids at College summer
camps/courses to students who want to enhance their personal
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Attend mandatory instructor orientation in May 2022.
- Complete mandatory online course training and HR sexual
harassment/misconduct and child abuse training.
- Maintain a safe classroom, innovative learning environment and
diverse learning opportunities for all students.
- Select instructional materials to meet student needs.
- Provide instructional suggestions and tools.
- Remain with campers until parents/guardians pick them up
- Manage student behavior in the classroom and report discipline
issues to Program Manager.
- Supervise and assist with daily setup and cleanup of camp.
- Communicate effectively with Program Manager to monitor
attendance of students participating in the camp.
- Assume responsibility for the care of materials, supplies,
equipment and facilities.
- Maintain standards of excellence within the camp, and provide
feedback regularly to the Program Manager regarding learning
outcomes and course management.
- Work cooperatively with the Program Manager prior to camp.
- Contribute to program assessment.
- Develop daily lesson plans.
- Maintain a positive learning environment and diverse learning
opportunities for all students.
- Develop and maintain instructional supplies.
- Develop and utilize a course syllabus for each course by
following established institutional guidelines.
- Provide copies of all lesson plans, course syllabus, supply
lists and syllabi to theSupervisor in case of instructor
Courses may include, but are not limited to:
- STEAM Courses/Camps.
S - Science (archaeology, biology, chemistry, genetics, geology,
medicine, meteorology, microbiology, physics, zoology, etc.).
T - Technology (coding, gaming, computer science, desktop
publishing/graphic design, video technology, app development,
E - Engineering (architecture, construction, etc.).
A - Arts (arts, crafts, ceramics, dance, theater, voice/choir,
private music lessons, photography, knitting/crocheting, culinary,
M - Math (algebra, geometry, basic math, advanced math, math for
- Career Exploration (Energy Venture, industrial fields,
- Languages (Spanish, French, Sign Language, ESL/ESOL).
- Social Studies (living history, such as Texas, federal, and
world; topics related to government).
- Business (banking, credit, taxes, stock market, investing,
topics related to becoming an adult in today's world).
- Teen Courses (junior lifeguard, junior policeman/detective,
junior fireman, ceramics, creative writing, music recording,
private music lessons, future educators, auto mechanics,
- Sport Camps (basketball, volleyball, exercise, wellness,
- Other (please specify course/camp).
For more information about Kids at College please visit our website
Additional Duties & Responsibilities
Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills &
- High School Diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.)
- Must document related work experience
- Able to work individually with diverse ages and population
- Friendly, positive, and courteous
- Act with discretion and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to climb stairs, stand, walk, bend and kneel
- Must demonstrate knowledge of the class subject matter
To apply, please visit https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/lee/jobs/3632873/part-time-kids-at-college-instructor
- Previous teaching experience