Administrative Assistant-K (Part-time)
Duration of Position:
Academic year / Part time
About Vassar College
Located in the scenic Mid-Hudson Valley, Vassar College is a highly
selective, residential, coeducational liberal arts college. Vassar
stands upon the homelands of the Munsee Lenape.Vassar College is
deeply committed to increasing the diversity of the campus
community and to promoting an environment of equality, inclusion,
and respect for difference. The College is an Equal Opportunity and
Affirmative Action employer, and especially welcomes applications
from veterans, women, individuals with disabilities, and members of
racial, ethnic, and other historically underrepresented
groups.Vassar College is a smoke-free, tobacco-free campus.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
Position Summary and Responsibilities:
Administrative Assistant will perform a variety of medical office
duties in support of the daily business operation and clerical
administrative functions of the Health Services department
- Confidential processing of medical information
- Scheduling of appointments
- Validating insurance information
- Processing charges
- Other duties as assigned to assist the administrative, nursing
and medical providers in their provision of health care to Vassar
This is a part-time position over the course of 36 weeks, generally
mid-August to end of May. The hours will be Saturday and Sunday
11:00am-4:30pm, alternating weekends.
Special Instructions to Applicants
- A minimum of two to four years of administrative support
experience and/or training.
- Previous medical office experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a
professional telephone manner.
- Strong organizational and computer skills including email,
Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to exercise discretion, maintain confidentiality and
- Ability to interact with a diverse community of students,
staff, and other college personnel/departments.
- Ability to work as part of a team with reliability and
To complete your on-line application, you will be required to
attach your resume, cover letter, and contact information for 3
professional references. All attachments must be in PDF format.
Review of applications will begin immediately. If you have any
questions, please contact Human Resources, 845-437-5820.
For full consideration applicants should apply by:
All applicants must apply online at: https://employment.vassar.edu/postings/3452