Hellenic College Holy Cross (HCHC) seeks a dynamic, experienced dean for its undergraduate college. Hellenic College is dedicated to educating students for success in their professions within the life and values of a vibrant Orthodox Christian community. Taught by outstanding faculty, the College offers a distinctive core curriculum and selected majors: Business Management, Classics, Liberal Studies, Literature and History, Psychology/ Human Development, and Theology.
The dean provides rigorous academic and administrative leadership required for achieving the highest standards of educational quality. The dean executes these position responsibilities in concert with the faculty, supporting them in achieving excellence in teaching, scholarship, and service. The dean serves an important role as ambassador for Hellenic College, representing baccalaureate programs internally and externally. This requires the dean to be available to participate in activities on weekdays, evenings, and weekends.
The dean’s interactions with students are of the utmost importance for nurturing and mentoring them to realize their academic goals and their intellectual, religious, moral, and psychological maturity. The dean is instrumental in building a collegial community reflective of the HCHC’s Orthodox Christian mission, values, and theological commitments.
This is a full-time/twelve-month position reporting to the Vice President for Academic Affairs. The dean normally teaches one course per semester. Appointment is expected to commence no later than July 1, 2024.
- PhD or equivalent from an accredited college/university, preferably with a degree in a discipline offered by Hellenic College or a related discipline
- Earned rank of professor or associate professor with tenure from an accredited institution
- An Orthodox Christian with a commitment to the Orthodox Christian mission of HCHC Successful academic leadership experience for undergraduate education at level of dean, associate dean, or department chair -- preferably at a small faith-based institution
- Strong decanal skills: leadership, visionary/innovative, strategic thinking, written and oral communication, organizational, mediation, courage for making difficult and complex decisions,plan and execute initiatives to completion, and tracking metrics for accountability
- A record of exemplary teaching, scholarship, and service
- Understanding of the intersection of faith and intellect in curricular offerings
- Strong leadership experience with undergraduate programs and their relationship in preparation for advanced study
- Commitment to diversity of faculty, staff, and students
- Experience working with enrollment management staff for increasing program enrollment highly desirable
- Record of collegiality and cooperative work with faculty
- Experience/ability to network within the Greek-American and larger American Orthodox communities
APPLICATION and NOMINATIONS: Application materials must include a cover letter that addresses the position requirements and qualifications and a current curriculum vitae. Please send application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nominations are welcome and may be submitted to email@example.com
APPLICATION TIMELINE: Screening of applications begins September 20, 2023 and continues until the position is filled.
Hellenic College Holy Cross is a Christian Orthodox four-year liberal arts college, seminary and graduate school of theology rooted in the Greek Orthodox tradition. For more information about the School visit https://www.hchc.edu/
Hellenic College is an Equal Opportunity Employer
A diverse workforce and an inclusive culture is valued