Open Until Filled
Administrative Assistant III
Department this Position Reports to
Hiring Range Minimum
Hiring Range Maximum
Not a Union Position
Not an SEIU Position
Regular Full Time
Scheduled Months per Year
Scheduled Hours per Week
Monday through Friday, 8AM to 5PM. Flexible hours available, and
primarily on-site role.
Location of Position
Thayer School of Engineering
Remote Work Eligibility?
Is this a term position?
If yes, length of term in months.
Is this a grant funded position?
The Administrative Assistant III is an important contributor to
Thayer’s mission by providing a high level of administrative
support to faculty members for both their academic and non-academic
responsibilities and coordinating activities that will increase the
faculty member’s efficiency, expedite/coordinate the work of
others, and ensure the smooth operation of the faculty members’
classes and programs. This individual ensures smooth operations to
efficiently implement programs and events and respond to the needs
of diverse audiences.
We are looking for the next great member of our administrative
support team! This is a highly collaborative and collegial group
who works together in support of the faculty at Thayer
Required Qualifications - Education and Yrs Exp
Associates plus 2-3 years' experience or equivalent combination of
education and experience
Required Qualifications - Skills, Knowledge and
- Two plus years of office experience in a related field, with
some degree of autonomy.
- In-depth knowledge of office procedures.
- Strong organizational and planning skills and ability to set
- Highly proficient with computer applications.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Initiative, sound judgment and ability to work
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Department Contact for Recruitment Inquiries
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Department Contact Phone Number
Department Contact for Cover Letter and Title
Faith Goodness, Director of Human Resources
Department Contact's Phone Number
Equal Opportunity Employer
Dartmouth College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action
employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We
prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex,
age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any
other legally protected status. Applications by members of all
underrepresented groups are encouraged.
Employment in this position is contingent upon consent to and
successful completion of a pre-employment background check, which
may include a criminal background check, reference checks,
verification of work history, and verification of any required
academic credentials, licenses, and/or certifications, with results
acceptable to Dartmouth College. A criminal conviction will not
automatically disqualify an applicant from employment. Background
check information will be used in a confidential,
non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal
Is driving a vehicle (e.g. Dartmouth vehicle or off road
vehicle, rental car, personal car) an essential function of this
Not an essential function
Special Instructions to Applicants
Dartmouth College has a Tobacco-Free Policy. Smoking and the use of
tobacco-based products (including smokeless tobacco) are prohibited
in all facilities, grounds, vehicles or other areas owned, operated
or occupied by Dartmouth College with no exceptions. For details,
please see our policy. https://policies.dartmouth.edu/policy/tobacco-free-policy
General Office Support
Percentage Of Time
- Provides support to faculty for classes, labs, and
- Participates in grant proposal preparation (formatting and
- Provides support to faculty as their Thayer administrative
- Prepares and/or supports faculty, staff, and students’
Travel/IExpense submission and reimbursements.
- Coordinates P-Card purchases and on-line submission of forms
- Drafts and proofreads memos and correspondence for supervisor
review and signature or personally responds to inquiries on
- Types and prepares a wide variety of materials such as
correspondence, committee minutes and reports, handouts, etc.,
proofreading to ensure accuracy.
Percentage Of Time
- Serves as the primary contact for all inquiries regarding
programs and activities.
- Gathers information for meetings, coordinates items for the
agenda, and distributes material to participants prior to the
- Coordinates and arranges special events (conferences, dinners,
luncheons, retreats, etc.) including attracting speakers, locating
and reserving facility space, arranging for necessary services,
coordinating schedules and itineraries, and overseeing actual
- Coordinates faculty travel to conferences, meetings, etc.
- Coordinates with other offices and departments to arrange
co-sponsorship of events.
- Regularly handles confidential or sensitive information,
exercises discretion concerning its disposition.
- Communicates respectfully with a diverse community.
Percentage Of Time
- Maintains multiple schedules in addition to supervisor
- Coordinates and schedules a variety of activities to support
office functions and meetings including event planning as
- Briefs the supervisor on changes in schedules and priorities or
on matters needing the supervisor’s personal or immediate
- Coordinates schedules and itineraries and orients new or
visiting faculty, staff and guest speakers.
Percentage Of Time
- Establishes and maintains files and databases (e.g. student
grades, enrollment, department information) to ensure accuracy and
accessibility of information.
Demonstrates a commitment to diversity, inclusion, and cultural
awareness through actions, interactions, and communications with
Performs other duties as assigned.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed to Apply
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Talent Acquisition Consultant
- American Library Association
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Chronicle of Philanthropy
- Dartmouth College Employment Website
- Internal Employee Referral (Please specify full name
- Higher Ed Jobs
- Inside Higher Ed
- National Black MBA Association
- Recruit Military
- Valley News
- Other (Please specify below)
- If you answered, 'Internal Employee Referral' or 'Other' to the
above question, please specify here:
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter