Muskegon Community College, an associate degree-granting
institution of higher education, is a center for lifelong learning
which provides persons the opportunity to attain their educational
goals by offering programs that respond to individual, community,
and global needs.
Processes admission applications and transcripts. Assist department
staff with guest visits, campus tours, and events. Assist with
processing dual enrollment, sponsorship, direct credit forms and
other tasks/ assignments. Perform clerical duties and assistance
for the department to maintain a professional, well-organized, and
friendly environment among the students, faculty/staff,
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled- first review September
BUDGETED SALARY RANGE:
Starts at $17.11 per hour depending
Qualifications: Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Associate degree or minimum of three years progressive clerical
and event leadership experience. (Preference to those with
experience in higher education, sales, marketing, community
relations or related area.)
- Experience working with a CRM (customer relationship
management) system preferred.
- Demonstrated excellence in interpersonal, written,
communication, presentation, and public speaking skills.
- Pleasant professional disposition, personality, and phone voice
with the versatility to work effectively with people of diverse
backgrounds while promoting the positive benefits of the
- Ability to navigate through all areas of campus, while
delivering an informative and entertaining message to potential
students, families, and guests
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and
- Ability to work independently and be a self-starter.
- Demonstrated ability to relate to people of all ages, races,
and social-economic backgrounds.
- Ability and willingness to upgrade skills including technology
or process changes.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with students, faculty/staff, and outside
- Demonstrated organizational ability, attention to detail, and
solid decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated use of tact, judgment, and discretion as well as
the ability to maintain confidentiality when working with students,
faculty/staff and others.
- Demonstrated history of dependability and punctuality.
- Ability to mentor, coach and work with student workers/interns
while setting a good example by demonstrating professional
workplace behavior and work ethics.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a successful team
member while accomplishing tasks and assignments without
- Requires prolonged sitting or standing, keyboarding and work on
computer (hand/eye strain), speaking in English via phone or in
- Office hours are Monday from 8:00 a.m. – 6:30 p.m., Tuesday
-Thursday from 8:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. and Fridays 8:00 a.m. – 12:00
p.m. and will include occasional weekend or evening hours. A
full-time 40 hour a week schedule will be set within these
Physical, Mental, and Environment Requirements
- Lead the processing of student applications and serve as system
administrator which will include maintaining data integrity, and
assisting/training other team members in best practices.
- Process and communicate regarding high school transcripts.
- Assist with campus tours for individuals and groups including
high school visits.
- Plan the Dual Enrollment 101 and Welcome Day events.
- Continually update personal knowledge concerning college
policy, programs, and daily activities by consulting with
appropriate offices and reading the published material, news
bulletins and schedules.
- Assist with financial aid, admissions & registration
activities, student retention initiatives, and admission events.
(Assist with campus tours, financial aid, admissions &
registration activities, student retention initiatives, and
- Serve as a receptionist; directing and welcoming guests and
answering routine questions. Answer inquiries requiring knowledge
of departmental and College operations, activities, and procedures
while exercising discretion in providing information.
- Set up and maintain accurate and organized office – including
file systems, office supplies, and inventories as appropriate and
within allocated budget.
- Type all correspondence for the department and/or others as
assigned – including but not limited to letters, reports,
schedules, and forms while arranging them into appropriate format;
prepare bulk materials.
- Assist with processing dual enrollment, sponsorship, and direct
- Assist with or update department communications as assigned
including but not limited to bulletin boards, digital displays,
department website, social media platforms, and MyMCC.
- Make arrangements for meetings and all planning for
conferences/events/tours/interviews as needed. Notify conferees,
arrange meeting place, and making certain that all arrangements are
made for food service and other details such as AV equipment,
communication, agendas, etc. Take minutes as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
☒ Student Contact
☒ Deadline oriented
☒ Problem Situations
☒ Multiple Priorities & Demands
☒ Emergency Situations
☐ On-call Availability
☒ Continual Interruptions
☒ Working Alone
☒ Faculty Contact
☒ Working with Others
☒ Standing & Walking
☒ Lifting up to 10 lbs. ☐ Up to 25 lbs. ☐ Up to 50 lbs. ☐ 80 +
☐ Pushing, Pulling, Twisting, Bending
☐ Climb or Balance
☐ Stoop, Kneel, Crouch, or Crawl
☐ Handle or Feel
☐ Reach with Hands and Arms
☒ Talking or hearing
☐ Working Overhead
☒ Speak in English via Phone or In Person
☒ Close, Distance, Peripheral, and Color Vision along with Depth
☒ Ability to Adjust and Focus
☐ Exposure to wet, humid conditions (non-weather), fumes or
airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme heat/cold;
and moderate to loud noise levels.
☒ Normal Office environment with little, if, any, discomfort due to
heat, dust, noise and the like. Ability to travel to all campus
Muskegon Community College continues to promote staff
diversity, and is an equal opportunity employer.
MCC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion,
sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender
identity, transgender status, political persuasion, disability,
height, weight, veteran status, age or any other protected class in
any of its educational programs, activities or employment.
Minorities, women, veterans, and the physically challenged
are encouraged to apply. Anyone with a disability will be
reasonably accommodated by the College. If you have a disability
and need an accommodation or assistance in applying for this
position, please contact the Human Resources Office.
Michigan, United States