Management, Adjunct Faculty
The position requires teaching the writing sessions of the
undergraduate course called GEB 3523 Critical Thinking &
Writing for Business. This course is designed to provide students a
strong foundation in the critical thinking, problem solving,
business report writing and information literacy to ensure that
business students will be successful in obtaining high value
employment positions and in achieving rapid career advancement. The
course requires analysis of business case studies and creation of
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
- Attends and teaches class at regularly schedules times and
holds regular office hours
- Prepares syllabi, instruction materials, coordinates lectures,
tests, and evaluates student performance.
- Maintains highest possible standards of classroom and/or online
- Keeps abreast of new information and developments in field of
- Actively participates in institutional meetings as requested
- Maintains professional skills through regular professional
development, and other activities appropriate to higher education
Additional Job Description
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned by the Department
Chair or Course Coordinator
Master of Business Administration or a specialized Master's degree
in a related field from a regionally accredited institution with
eighteen (18+) credit hours related to the course topic.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Postsecondary teaching experience.
- Training or expertise in business writing and critical
thinking/problem solving instruction.
All employees are expected to:
To apply, visit https://fgcu.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/eaglejobs/job/Main-Campus/Management--Adjunct-Faculty_R0001448?workerSubType=7606cd1535ba016f9151c43d68012214&workerSubType=7606cd1535ba01e56580c43d68012414&workerSubType=7606cd1535ba014f6fabc43d68012614
- Promote a common purpose consistent with stated University
goals and demonstrate a commitment to students and the learning
- Possess the knowledge of general written standards and
procedures utilized, and have the ability to read, interpret, and
follow procedural and policy manual related to the job tasks.
- Demonstrate the ability to respond to supervision, guidance and
direction in a positive, receptive manner and in accordance with
- Provide quality customer service by creating a welcoming and
- Present a professional image in word, action and attire.
- Ability to interact in a professional manner with a diverse
group of staff, faculty, students and the community in a
- Apply effective techniques to create working relationships with
others to achieve common goals; successfully communicates and
collaborates with others to achieve goals.
- Demonstrate skills necessary to look at situations and
processes critically to make recommendations for improvement.