Student Research Assistant
Florida Gulf Coast University's vision is to be a premier
comprehensive university, providing access to educational
excellence and preparing citizen leaders for the global
environment. Under the supervision of a regular faculty member
conducting the research project, the Student Research Assistant is
responsible for assisting the faculty member in a variety of
non-administrative tasks which may include preparing resources,
equipment, materials for the research, and documenting results in
support of the research activities.
Typical duties include but no limited to:
Additional Job Description
- Research and collects data through complex techniques and
procedures, library research, structured interviews or other
project specific methodology.
- Interprets, synthesizes and analyzes data.
- Schedules, organizes and reports on status of research
- Plans and modifies research techniques, procedures, tests,
equipment or software management.
- Writes and edits materials for publication and
- Meets with faculty supervisor on regular basis to maintain
ongoing communication regarding the quality of the assistant's
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Experience operating a personal computer and proficient with
Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Experience working independently and in team environment.
To apply, visit https://fgcu.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/eaglejobs/job/Main-Campus/Student-Research-Assistant_R0002534?workerSubType=7606cd1535ba016f9151c43d68012214&workerSubType=7606cd1535ba01e56580c43d68012414&workerSubType=7606cd1535ba014f6fabc43d68012614
- Subject knowledge and oral/written communication skills to
discuss and document research progress.
- Ability to work independently, accurately and to problem solves
technical and methodological issues that arise during the course of
- Ability to apply sound research techniques, methodology and
logical critical analysis.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.