OPS User Services Support Associate
OPS User Services Support Associates are part-time employees of
User Services which supports a wide variety of technologies at the
User Services is part of the Information Technology Services
Department. Information Technology Services consists of multiple
teams who support all faculty, staff and students with desktop
computing, applications, telecommunications, network, classroom
technology and other technical needs. Information Technology
Services (ITS) provides leadership and instills confidence through
exceptional technology and assistance to our customers.
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
Functions as front line technology support for the
Provides support on a wide range of issues such as software
navigation, printing and networking.
Escalates technology inquiries to other User Services staff members
Helps maintain the computer labs.
Assists with ITS projects and other duties as needed.
Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Additional Job Description
High school diploma or equivalent.
Experience providing excellent customer service in person and over
Basic knowledge and understanding of computer use.
One year of experience in a help desk or in a position requiring
widespread technology use.
Enrollment in relevant Software Engineering or Computer Information
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent customer support skills and attention to detail.
All employees are expected to:
To apply, visit https://fgcu.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/eaglejobs/job/Main-Campus/OPS-User-Services-Support-Associate_R0003969?workerSubType=7606cd1535ba016f9151c43d68012214&workerSubType=7606cd1535ba01e56580c43d68012414&workerSubType=7606cd1535ba014f6fabc43d68012614
- Promote a common purpose consistent with stated University
goals and demonstrate a commitment to students and the learning
- Possess the knowledge of general written standards and
procedures utilized, and have the ability to read, interpret, and
follow procedural and policy manual related to the job tasks.
- Demonstrate the ability to respond to supervision, guidance and
direction in a positive, receptive manner and in accordance with
- Provide quality customer service by creating a welcoming and
- Present a professional image in word, action and attire.
- Ability to thrive in an organization that values the diversity
of its student body and workforce and actively promotes an
- Apply effective techniques to create working relationships with
others to achieve common goals; successfully communicates and
collaborates with others to achieve goals.
- Demonstrate skills necessary to look at situations and
processes critically to make recommendations for improvement.