OPS College of Education University Supervisor
The College of Education University Supervisor will supervise
students during their placements.
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
- The major roles of the University Supervisor are to be a
facilitator in the student teaching experience and to act as a
liaison between the school site and the University.
- These roles share the same complexity as that of the
cooperating teacher in that the University Supervisor is both an
advocate and evaluator for the candidate.
- Although the supervision of the teacher candidate is a joint
responsibility, University Supervisors must meet with both the
teacher candidate and the cooperating teacher on a regular basis to
ensure the efficacy of the program and the candidate's
- University Supervisors will make at least five observations at
regular intervals throughout the semester and provide formative
feedback and suggestions for improvement.
- They may also make unannounced visits and observations during
the semester. Supervisors must also plan and conduct three
Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Additional Job Description
Teaching experience, some mentoring experience, Clinical Educator
Training, and at least a Master's degree.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
All employees are expected to:
To apply, visit https://fgcu.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/eaglejobs/job/Main-Campus/OPS-College-of-Education-University-Supervisor_R0000347?workerSubType=7606cd1535ba016f9151c43d68012214&workerSubType=7606cd1535ba01e56580c43d68012414&workerSubType=7606cd1535ba014f6fabc43d68012614
- Promote a common purpose consistent with stated University
goals and demonstrate a commitment to students and the learning
- Possess the knowledge of general written standards and
procedures utilized, and have the ability to read, interpret, and
follow procedural and policy manual related to the job tasks.
- Demonstrate the ability to respond to supervision, guidance and
direction in a positive, receptive manner and in accordance with
- Provide quality customer service by creating a welcoming and
- Present a professional image in word, action and attire.
- Ability to thrive in an organization that values the diversity
of its student body and workforce and actively promotes an
- Apply effective techniques to create working relationships with
others to achieve common goals; successfully communicates and
collaborates with others to achieve goals.
- Demonstrate skills necessary to look at situations and
processes critically to make recommendations for improvement.