The Adjunct – Marketing position provides quality instruction and
maintains a positive learning environment in the classroom, with
significant emphasis placed on teaching, supporting, and evaluating
students. The Adjunct role provides instruction and monitors
teaching/learning effectiveness in courses assigned by the
Department Chair or other leadership members. The incumbent must
exhibit strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask
while engaging large groups of people with complicated
Instruction & Student Learning
Student Engagement & Advisement
- Teaches assigned courses as scheduled and assumes primary
responsibility for and exercises oversight of the curriculum in
conjunction with the Department’s policies, ensuring both the rigor
of programs and the quality of instruction.
- Considers individual differences of students in order to design
and support a range of appropriate learning activities.
- Participates in the identification of students with academic or
other needs and responds by utilizing an appropriate resource. Uses
technology in a manner appropriate to the nature and objectives of
courses and programs and communicates clearly to students the
expectations concerning the use of such technology.
- Keeps accurate and appropriate records in accordance with
- Maintains attendance records, determines and submits grades
timely and in accordance with established policies and procedures
of the College, and communicates progress feedback as well as other
relevant information to students throughout the semester.
- Distributes and maintains accurate syllabi that incorporate
departmental, college, cross-college, and instructor
- Conducts classes punctually and in accordance with the
prescribed meeting schedule.
- Employs appropriate assessment techniques to measure students’
performance in achieving course goals and objectives.
- Engages in periodic meetings with the department, Lead
Instructor, and Chairperson relative to teaching duties and
Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
- Creates a positive classroom atmosphere that encourages active
and collaborative learning, student effort, academic challenge,
student and faculty interaction, and support for learners.
- Uses technology to assist in communication with students.
- Encourages a sense of community among students for learning
both inside and outside the classroom.
- Advises potential or current students within the discipline
about the program, career, or transfer options available to assist
with degree completion.
- Refers students to appropriate student and academic support
services available at the College or in the community.
- Helps to ensure the College meets its responsibilities in
identifying areas of opportunity and systemic concerns while
reporting complaints alleging discrimination.
- Creates a welcoming, inclusive, equitable, and productive work
and learning environment where all students, faculty members, and
college employees feel valued and are able to contribute to their
full potential, regardless of their differences.
- Ensures accessible and inclusive curriculum design and teaching
strategies and specifically promotes, advises, and supports
curriculum development aimed at creating a diverse and equitable
- Fosters and maintains a safe environment of respect and
inclusion for faculty, staff, students, and members of the
- Master’s Degree in Marketing
- Five (5) years of industry experience above entry level
- State Motor Vehicle Operator's License or demonstrable ability
to gain access to work site(s)
- Prior teaching experience preferred
In-Person *An appropriate combination of
education, training, coursework, and experience may qualify a
*An appropriate combination of education, training, coursework,
and experience may qualify a candidate.
CSCC has the right to revise this position description at any
time. This position description does not represent in any way a
contract of employment.
Full Time/Part Time:
Union (If Applicable):