Position Title: Office and Museum Services Coordinator
Department: Mulvane Art Museum
Advertised Pay: $18.17 hourly with the potential for a
higher rate commensurate with experience
Campus Location: Washburn University
The screening committee will review all eligible applications
submitted by August 25, 2023
Position Summary: The Office and Museum Services Coordinator
is responsible for providing elevated administrative support and
coordination for museum programs, administration, and operations.
In addition, the Office and Museum Services Coordinator will serve
customers, visitors, students, and staff with a high-quality level
of customer service. The Office and Museum Services Coordinator is
responsible for building and maintaining excellent professional
working relationships with all university and community-members and
must commit to equal opportunity and working with diverse
The Office and Museum Services Coordinator will:
• Develop, implement, and ensure internal office procedures to
increase the efficiency of office operations.
• Assist staff with purchasing procedures and reimbursements per
university policies, regulations and procedures. Record expenses
and submit reports. Ensure payment vouchers, journal entries,
requisitions, donations, memberships, and supporting documents are
submitted. Track and receive documents such as payment and
reimbursement forms. Create, maintain, and archive electronic and
hard-copy files in support of the office, programs, and
• Schedule staff to ensure the front office and museum reception
are properly staffed, filling in as needed. Answer procedural
questions and requests for information and support programs, staff,
and students as appropriate.
• Compose correspondence in response to specific requests for
information, assistance, recommendations, etc. Perform research as
necessary to ensure an accurate and comprehensive response. Assist
with assembling and completing required information for grants,
funding requests, and sponsorship letters.
• Maintain the department and the director’s calendars and assist
with meeting preparation including, but not limited to drafting
meeting agendas, composing minutes, and organizing handouts.
Organize events, travel arrangements and related logistics. Work
closely with and assist staff with scheduling and coordinating
tours for school groups, university classes, and the public.
• Assist in completing the recruitment and hiring processes for
museum staff, students, and part-time workers. Provide completed
forms, collect, and forward all documentation promptly as
requested. Recruit, train, and supervise the work of assigned
• Assist with developing and promoting membership sales and act as
a liaison between museum staff, Washburn University Foundation, and
Mulvane Art Museum Members. Ensure records, renewal notices, and
follow-ups are completed, and that the membership and donor
database is up-to-date and accurate.
• Assist with logistics and planning for fundraising events and
donor development. Serve as liaison between the museum, Friends of
the Mulvane Art Museum, Washburn University Foundation, artists,
vendors, sponsors, and donors as required.
• Assist with museum exhibitions, special events, educational
programs, social media, and marketing.
• Open and close museum facilities as necessary and under the
security directives set by the museum.
• Perform additional job-related duties as assigned or as
• Bachelor’s Degree or a combination of post-secondary education
and additional administrative support experience equivalent to a
• Proven effective interpersonal, organizational and communication
• Demonstrated proficiency in using Microsoft Excel, Outlook and
Word software programs.
• Commitment to inclusivity and working effectively with diverse
Occasional evening and weekend hours required dependent upon museum
• At least six months of employment expertise comparable to the
• Demonstrated supervisory and training experience.
• Experience with Raisers Edge, Constant Contact, and
Special Instructions to Applicants:
The interview process may require completing skills assessments to
determine proficiency in the software and skills needed to perform
the position's essential functions. If additional testing is
required, the information will be provided to candidates selected
Full time Hourly Varies/Shift
Background Check Required