The Department of Government and Politics (GVPT) in the College of Behavioral and Social Sciences (BSOS) at the University of Maryland, College Park, invites applications for a tenure-track position at the Assistant Professor level. This position is open to applicants who specialize in research on U.S. marginalized communities and political behavior. GVPT especially seeks candidates whose scholarship and teaching interests address immigrant and/or Latino/a/x communities and politics.
The successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate potential for a high-impact research agenda and plan to seek external funding for research. They will teach three to four courses per year at the undergraduate and graduate levels. They will also provide research advising to students at all levels and will engage in service to the profession and shared governance within the university. The position requires a Ph.D. prior to starting in August 2024.
Candidates whose scholarship speaks to the following broad substantive topics are encouraged to apply:
- Immigrant communities of color
- Latino/a/x politics
- Intersections between gender and race or gender and migration
This is a three-year tenure-track appointment, with potential renewal for three years and tenure review. Salary and benefits are competitive based on qualifications and experience.
A full position description and the application link is available online through the University of Maryland ejobs system at: https://ejobs.umd.edu/postings/110565
For best consideration, applications must be submitted by September 8, 2023. Applications must include:
- A letter of interest that clearly describes your background, expertise, and accomplishments in the area and the unique contributions you would make to GVPT and the University of Maryland;
- A CV;
- Contact information for three references;
- A writing sample;
- A statement of your teaching philosophy; and
- A statement on your contributions to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Questions or inquiries should be directed to Dr. Janelle Wong, firstname.lastname@example.org.